Transmission Line Engineer, Project Engineering (ESC) - San Ramon
Company: PG&E Corporation
Location: El Cerrito
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Requisition ID-# 76563-Job Category : Engineering / Science-Job
Level : Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: Electric Operations
Department Overview-The men and women of Electric Operations ensure
the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our
customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of
PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations,
including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction,
asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency
response.-Position Summary-This job is represented by Engineers and
Scientists of California (ESC)subject to collective
bargaining.-This is a Journey-level engineer position that requires
mastery of the Associate level engineer skills and duties and is
responsible for leading the engineering and design of more complex
projects. The Journey engineer uses independent judgment in
applying engineering principles and works with minimal supervision.
This person works closely with engineers, project managers,
construction personnel, and other business partners in assessing
project needs. Responsibilities beyond those of the Associate
project engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
Developing technical studies and reports, and providing guidance to
contractors and outside vendors. Travel to/from various
project-related function is required approximately 20% of the
- Resolves problems of moderate scope. Assignments typically
require standard solutions. Under general direction, independently
plans work to meet assigned objectives; progress is reviewed
periodically for technical accuracy and adequacy in process and
- May perform functions of Associate level Engineer and in
- Provides technical expertise and performs engineering analyses,
studies, and develops
- conceptual designs.
- Presents findings to internal organizations, contractors and
- Conducts walkdowns and design review meetings.
- Prepares written technical documents such as design criteria,
scope documents, specifications, and reports.
- Develops, evaluates, and recommends alternative project
- Solicits, prepares, and evaluates contracts and proposals from
- Reviews consultant contracts for technical compliance.
- Interprets and applies applicable codes and regulations.
- Participates in the development of effective restoration plans.
Assists in root cause analysis.
- Approves reports, new drawings, and revisions to existing
drawings for projects.
- In emergencies, promptly responds to facility failures.
- Represents PG&E to government bodies as required for
- BS Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline from
an accredited curriculum in the US or the equivalent from outside
- 3 years of cumulative experience in engineering and
- Current and active California PE license
- Strong familiarity with G.O 95, NESC, and PG&E transmission
line standards and construction practices
- Strong familiarity with Transmission Line Engineering tools,
i.e. PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, etc.
- Capable of leading project teams and providing solid
- Able to manage scope, schedule and cost of multiple projects
- Able to manage resource loaded schedules for all projects
- Able to work with internal and external customers and
- Able to understand and implement the technical requirements of
interfacing engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrates informed judgment when making decisions and
- Uses judgment in applying engineering principles and techniques
to determine cost effective and practical solutions.
- Interprets applicable codes, industry standards and regulations
and educates others.
- Can provide thorough analysis of issues and justification of
- Able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, San Francisco , Transmission Line Engineer, Project Engineering (ESC) - San Ramon, Other , El Cerrito, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!