Associate Contract Coordinator
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design
the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more
than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and
hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to
smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create,
deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the
absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the
resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real
difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial
culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and
benefits. Dolby is looking to hire an entry level Associate
Contracts Administrator to assist in managing the licensing
contract process under the direction of a senior licensing attorney
in the IP Transactions and Legal Affairs department. The candidate
will be responsible for contributing to a successful contracts
management program that is responsive to the business needs of the
organization while managing risk and adhering to company policies.
The successful candidate will be comfortable managing numerous
contracts at one time while remaining responsive to internal
clients and managing expectations effectively.
- Serves as frontgater or initial point of contact for regionally
specific requests for licensing and commercial agreements
- Manages assigned regional requests proficiently
- Review requests for technology agreements or to modify contract
terms, while working with internal business partners to obtain
approvals for modifications as required.
- Project manage contracts throughout the contracts cycle,
including standard contract generation, redlining, approval
escalation, record management and post execution support.
- Provides contracts administration support to attorneys and
direct manager, including circulating/tracking documents.
- Flag issues for escalation
- Actively participate in conversations with internal
stakeholders for internal legal processes and procedures
- Be the primary point of contact to sales and/or legal
operations departments to answer routine questions regarding
agreements or Apttus related issues.
- Work on various projects assigned by attorneys or direct
manager to improve/optimize internal operating procedures.
- Sets project time frames and priorities based on project
objectives and ongoing assignments. Qualifications:
- Ability to problem-solve uncertain situations and identify
- A proactive, collaborative, and flexible mindset is essential.
The successful candidate will actively seek out ways to contribute
to the efficiency of the department and will diligently work to own
and accomplish projects without prompting.
- Resourceful, team player with ability to collaborate with other
team members and other cross-functional departments on challenging
- Able (or willingness to learn how) to exercise sound judgment
on key decisions in developing the contracts administration
function, including recognizing circumstances that require
- Willingness to learn about the Dolby business and technology
- Willingness to learn how to review legal documents and
communicate legal positions internally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Dolby will
consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code,
Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12 Equal Employment
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success
depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We
are committed to making employment decisions without regard to
race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status,
medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions or any other
classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Keywords: Dolby, San Francisco , Associate Contract Coordinator, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!