Head of People, Culture and Operations
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Pendulum is on a mission to help people improve physical and
mental health by creating a new category of products that target
the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing
a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics
+ prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat
conditions like metabolic syndrome, gastro-intestinal dysfunction,
inflammation and neurodegeneration.-- We are a highly collaborative
team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and
salespeople interested in improving human health by using the
latest research from diverse fields, such as, microbiology,
molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing,
food and drug development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an
individual's transparency and strong communication to enable the
most effective and efficient path to team success. Pendulum is
seeking a Head of People, Culture and Operations to join Pendulum
and lead the initiatives critical to supporting high performing
teams in a fast-paced environment and maintaining an open, diverse
and inclusive workplace. The role will report to the CEO and be a
combination of strategic and tactical efforts. The ideal individual
will enjoy rolling up their sleeves and owning the day-to-day
aspects of HR while also engaging in high-level strategy
conversations with the leadership and executive teams. This role
will develop strong working partnerships with every member of the
executive team and managers, and provide support to all employees
across the organization. Due to the nature of our business, we'll
expect the ideal candidate to be able to utilize their sharp
analytical skills and strong work ethic to steer the company
culture as we grow. Key Responsibilities
- Work with the leadership team to ensure our employees apply the
company vision, values, culture and related goals to align with
Pendulum's business strategy to create products that improve the
health and lives of our customers.--
- Develop programs and implement practices that demonstrate our
commitment to strengthening company culture and living our
- Utilize data & metrics to understand the employee experience
and guide people program development and implementation.
- Lead our workforce planning strategy including talent
acquisition and growth plans with significant focus on attracting,
retaining and developing top talent as we grow Pendulum.
- Own and participate in our Talent Acquisition practice,
ensuring the hiring process and each new hire embodies the company
- Manage and iterate a scalable onboarding process that welcomes
our diverse employee population and allows employees to acclimate
- Develop L&D programs based on the needs of the organization
as it scales.
- Coach the organization on performance management.
- Oversee the annual benefits open enrollment process including
evaluating & incorporating unique perks that support the attraction
and retention of high performing employees and reflects the
company's culture and values.
- Build on current compensation structures and career ladders as
company grows; communicate structures to staff.--
- Lead and moderate quarterly executive compensation committee
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance requirements are met and
reflected in company policies and programs.
- Be the culture champion by owning all the company events. Key
- 12+ years of progressively more responsible experience in human
resources at a growing company with at least 4+ years in
- 2 years of work with co-mingled exempt/non-exempt workforce.
Experience with manufacturing a plus.
- Hands-on experience and willingness for the administration of
benefits, HRIS systems, on-boarding, off-boarding, creating pay
ranges and compensation, and employee relations.--
- Bachelor's degree with an MBA or relevant Human Resources
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience supporting
employees at all levels of the organization.
- Belief in transparency and open communication and the ability
for an individual's power to improve and enable those around
- The ability to build trust quickly and be seen as an advocate
for all employees.
- Casual culture (66% of founders usually wear hoodies) ---
- Work/life balance: we believe it, we encourage it, we live
- Policies that strongly support maternity / paternity
- Collaborative, team environment
- On-site gym
- Off-site, team building adventures
- Walking distance to Caltrain, Muni
- Walking distance to restaurants and bars in Dogpatch
Pendulum's-----team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We
welcome all to apply.
Keywords: Pendulum.co, San Francisco , Head of People, Culture and Operations, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!