Senior Associate Scientist, Next-Generation CAR T Cells
Company: Allogene Therapeutics
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Senior Associate Scientist, Next-Generation CAR T Cells Research
- South San Francisco, CA - Full Time Job Description About
Allogene Therapeutics, Inc: Allogene Therapeutics, with
headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage
biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic
chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T---) therapies for
cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in
cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of "off-the-shelf"
CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily
available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater
scale to more patients. For more information, please visit
www.allogene.com , and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Job Description: Responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Execute in vitro and in vivo studies to support IND-enabling
- Generate CAR T cells and characterize their phenotype and
function in vitro.
- Support studies to assess approaches for mitigating
allorejection of CAR T cells.
- Support studies to assess efficacy of CAR T cells in orthotopic
- Provide critical lab support and contribute to a collaborative
- Design and perform experimental plans with minimal guidance,
document laboratory procedures and analyze and record data.
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned. --Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology or related discipline with 5+
years of experience, or Master of Science degree with 2+ years of
experience in academic or industry setting.
- Experience in molecular biology, cellular biology, or
- Experience working with mice is strongly preferred; injection
techniques (e.g., i.v., i.p., and s.c.), blood collection, and
- Basic knowledge and experience of multi-parametric flow
analysis is strongly preferred.
- Direct experience with tissue culture of cell lines and primary
- Experience with T cell isolation, expansion and transduction
with lentiviral vectors is preferred.--
- Direct experience with in vitro assays for T-cell
characterization including in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation,
and cytokine release is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of software tools to support data
analysis (e.g., Prism, FlowJo).
- A willingness to learn and adopt new experimental skills as
needed is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize
effectively to deliver results within reasonably established
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with
minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written
communication are essential in this collaborative work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. As an equal
opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse
workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection
will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or
mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender
identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related
characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Allogene Therapeutics, San Francisco , Senior Associate Scientist, Next-Generation CAR T Cells, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!