Senior Contracts Specialist
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design
the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more
than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and
hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to
smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create,
deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the
absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the
resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real
difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial
culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and
benefits. Dolby is looking to hire a senior level Contracts
Administrator to assist in managing the licensing contract process
under the direction of a senior licensing attorney in the IP
Transactions and Legal Affairs department. The candidate will be
responsible for contributing to a successful contracts management
program that is responsive to the business needs of the
organization while managing risk and adhering to company policies.
You will also be responsible for assisting with drafting agreements
with little attorney supervision, creating forms, obtaining
necessary internal approvals and administrating a wide variety of
licensing and revenue generating and non-revenue generating
agreements. The successful candidate will be comfortable managing
numerous contracts at one time while remaining responsive to
internal clients and managing expectations effectively.
- Manages assigned regional requests proficiently but learns the
processes and stakeholders for all regions
- Assisting with drafting of legal documents with little
oversight of attorney; including drafting original language or
agreements without the need for templates
- Review requests for technology agreements or to modify contract
terms, while working with internal business partners to negotiate
terms and obtain approvals for modifications as required.
- Draft and revise contract wording while assessing risk and
providing recommendations to protect Dolby's interests; communicate
long-standing Dolby legal policies
- Provides contracts administration support to attorneys and
direct manager, including handling document revisions and
circulating/tracking documents to all parties from drafting to full
- Project manage contracts throughout the contracts cycle,
including standard contract generation, redlining, approval
escalation, record management and post execution support.
- Applies programmatic understanding of Dolby technologies to
move deal forward and understands the Dolby business from strategic
point of view
- Works independently but flag issues for escalation on an
- Actively participate in conversations with internal
stakeholders for internal legal processes and procedures
- Be the primary point of contact to sales and/or legal
operations departments to answer routine questions regarding
- Be the primary point of contact to legal operations and/or
business systems teams to resolve Apttus issues related to
- Independently manages and completes projects assigned by
attorneys or direct manager (e.g., creates new agreement types, and
manages the updating of agreements, etc.).
- Applies knowledge and understanding of Dolby products, policies
and procedures to internal and external customers.
- Work on various projects assigned by attorneys or direct
manager to improve/optimize internal operating procedures.
- Sets project time frames and priorities based on project
objectives and ongoing assignments.
- May serve as frontgater or initial point of contact for
regionally specific requests for licensing and commercial
- 5-7 years' experience contract management
- Able to exercise sound judgment on key decisions in developing
the contracts administration function, including recognizing
circumstances that require escalation.
- Willingness to learn about the Dolby business and technology
- Able to review legal documents and communicate legal positions
- Resourceful, solutions-oriented team player with ability to
collaborate with other team members and other cross-functional
departments on challenging projects.
- Willingness to do hands on work, ability to handle uncertainty
and ability to help further define the function as it relates to a
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A high level of office maturity, professionalism, integrity,
reliability, discretion and confidentiality.
- Self-starter who will continuously look for opportunities to
- A high degree of familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Smartsheets, Box, Salesforce, Apttus or other
similar CRM tools, required.
- Must be comfortable managing and prioritizing competing
priorities and frequent interruptions while maintaining close
attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- A proactive, collaborative and flexible mindset is essential.
The successful candidate will actively seek out ways to contribute
to the efficiency of the department and will diligently work to own
and accomplish projects without prompting.
- B.A. or B.S. degree required. Dolby will consider qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and
Administrative Code, Article 12 Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success
depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We
are committed to making employment decisions without regard to
race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status,
medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions or any other
classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Keywords: Dolby, San Francisco , Senior Contracts Specialist, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!