Company: Shaper Tools, inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented
power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin.
We're looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to help us create
intuitive, productive, and satisfying interactions between our
products and the people using them.-- You'll work closely with the
product team to understand user requirements and support the
overall vision for our product ecosystem. Success in the role will
be determined by your ability to collaborate with product area
leaders in a low-ego environment and unlock progress on multiple
projects. We'll look to you to drive product initiatives forward
with user experience scenarios, process flows, design architecture
diagrams, wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes. You will base
your design strategies on the insights of real users and data and
turn these insights into beautifully designed experiences across
our products and emerging platforms. You'll help us solve complex,
nuanced problems with simple solutions which allow our users to
succeed. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great
communicator, and are able to take a solution from idea to
implementation. You're equally skilled at building on the ideas,
vision and direction of others. You demand high quality work from
yourself and those around you and have a strong appreciation for
the details. Most importantly, you approach problems holistically
and create elegantly simple, user centric solutions to
multi-faceted problems.-- Responsibilities
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas
while understanding how to build iteratively.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when
to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi
sketches and prototypes.
- Lead and participate in user research and testing to validate
hypotheses and ensure product usability and consistency.
- Underpin your design work with user experience scenarios,
process flows and design architecture diagrams.
- Refine and build on Shaper's design system and create
consistent user interactions using a scalable component based
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting
cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design
- Inspire the entire team by bringing new ideas to the table with
powerful visualisations that communicate your vision.
- Care about a data driven approach but equally able to act on
subtle qualitative insights.
- Support product owners to realise their vision whilst
contributing your own ideas.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure accurate, high quality
- Biased toward action and execution. You get nervous if you're
not sketching concepts, prototyping ideas, tweaking flows or
polishing pixel perfect mockups. Experience
- A stunning portfolio which speaks to the challenges that your
designs have addressed.
- 4+ years of experience working in UI/UX related fields with
experience working on multiple platforms including a hardware
product with embedded software.--
- Excellent written communication, presentation and storytelling
- Able to understand the business impact of design
- Highly proficient in design tools such as Sketch, Adobe
Creative Suite and Figma.
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools such as
Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.
- An understanding of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and
UIKit, Google's Material Design, and general mobile design
patterns. Bonus Points
- Experience working on an augmented reality product or
- You like building things and have experience with digital
Keywords: Shaper Tools, inc., San Francisco , UI/UX Designer, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!