Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Haskell is looking for a dynamic person to join the firm as a
Design Associate in the Frisco, TX office.
The Design Associate will perform basic design and production of
construction document duties assigned by Licensed Professional.
They will work to fulfill experience requirements for eligibility
to take the professional licensing exam. The Consumer Packaged
Goods (CPG) Group at Haskell supports core markets throughout the
United States, as well as Mexico and the Asia Pacific Region.
Providing construction, architecture and engineering for over 55
years in the food and beverage, consumer products and beer, wine
and spirits markets, we work closely with many Fortune 500
companies providing our industry knowledge and expertise. Our CPG
team is a melting pot of industry-leading experts and knowledgeable
team members that work together, providing the best solutions to
our clients with diverse backgrounds, knowledge and experience. By
joining the CPG team, you will become a part of a close-knit family
that is ready to help support each other and our clients and a
unique opportunity to build your skills, provide knowledge and
create things that matter. Job Responsibilities:
- Conceptual Design
- Establish a discipline basis of design for the Design Manager
- Detailed Design
- Analysis Ability
- Performs dimensional, interference, and basic design checks on
the layouts and sketches of Licensed Professional and, as
requested, on interdisciplinary drawing sets.
- Performs analysis or calculations as assigned.
- Designing for Safety incorporated into drawings.
- Responsible for design compliance with Owner criteria
- Applies discipline design and detailing fundamentals in
developing designs and specifications under the supervision of and
subject to final approval by the Licensed Professional.
- Assists Licensed Professional with plotting/production/assembly
of drawing packages and writing specifications.
- Code compliance review with design professional
- Maintains AE checklists for the Design Manager to review.
- Participates in coordination review sessions
- Maintains orderly work files and prepares clear well-written
memos/correspondence. When assigned, prepares presentation
- Coordinates and checks work carefully to minimize all
deficiencies, errors, and omissions.
- Uses Haskell standards and procedures
- Construction Documents
- Produces well-organized, finished design documents of good
appearance, accuracy, clarity, and correctness from layouts,
sketches, or written instructions.
- Construction Support
- Subject to final approval of Licensed Professional, checks shop
drawings and submittal data for conformance with contract
- Assists Licensed professionals in field inspections,
development of solutions to field problems, preparation of field
orders, addenda and record drawings.
- Shop drawings returned on schedule.
- Responds to field/construction questions as directed by the
- Creates inspection reports and punch lists.
- Planning, Scheduling, and Profitability
- Creates a work plan for assigned tasks. Monitors and projects
personal workload status, advising supervisor of difficulties in
- Meets scheduled key dates.
- Discusses progress regularly with Licensed Professional of
- Advises the Design Manager of changes.
- Design to budget man-hours.
- Project Management
- Adhere to project strategy.
- Documents meetings and telephone conversations in order to
communicate to the discipline leader. Education/Experience:
- Professional degree in architecture from an accredited college
- Typical minimum of 0-3 years' experience.--
- Proficient with Revit and other design software and Microsoft
Office products. Specific Knowledge, Skills, License,
- Discipline production software at a beginner level (i.e.
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel,
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a team of Architects,
Engineers, and Construction Managers. Haskell is an Equal
Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities). All persons shall have the
opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage
or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran's status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
local laws. Haskell is a drug-free workplace, all applicants who
receive conditional offers of employment will be subjected to
pre-employment drug testing. Qualifications Education Required
Bachelors or better in Architecture. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Haskell, San Francisco , Design Associate, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!