Senior Product Designer (Contract)
Company: Joy, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
We're looking for passionate and empathetic Product Designers to
help us create software that empower individuals to do more (And to
make them smile). You'll take ownership of creating experiences
that are simple and filled with delight. You'll be at the center of
changing the perception of thousands of users who believe computers
simply add stress instead of alleviating it. You're the right fit
if you obsess over the details and get excited about the
opportunity to bring cutting edge software and ui-interactions to
an age-old industry. What you'll do
- Design products - from systems to interactions to pixels that
are simple and delightful.--
- Craft product design requirements, specs and briefs; you'll
work with and manage feedback from multiple teams.
- Clearly translate user research into well defined user
- Partner with product management and engineering to design
impactful metrics to measure the success of your designs
- Work with product management and marketing to find creative
ways to tell the story of your product features to customers.
- Work with design and engineering to evolve our UI design system
to meet the growing complexity of our product. You are able to work
within and expand the Joy style.--
- Craft and conduct independent user research, testing and
feedback to better inform design decisions.--
- Champion a high-level of visual craftsmanship in the product
through systematic testing and evaluation of engineering
- Mentor team members across the company advocating and the
design thinking process.-- What you'll need
- Demonstrates strong systems thinking ability. Go beyond single
screens to entire workflows with multiple touch points while
maintaining the principles and direction of the entire
- Solid understanding of layout, typography, color, and other
graphic design principles
- Passionate about design but doesn't shy away from wearing many
- Understands that great experiences are not crafted in a silo,
but is a coordinated team effort across product, engineering and
- Loves collaboration, giving and receiving feedback,
communicates clearly, listens and empathizes with multiple points
- Ability to articulate design decisions and what problems are
- Quickly iterate based off of qualitative and quantitative
- A track record of shipping real product, and an ability to talk
about lessons learned along the way. You've weathered release
cycles and know what details matter at each stage, how to motivate
engineers to get the interactions right, how to translate insights
from user studies into meaningful action, and what's most likely to
go afoul at each stage.
- Wants to join an early stage startup and is excited about going
from 15 employees to 500.
- Thrives in the uncomfortable and unknown.
- Scrappy and resourceful.--
- 6 or more years working professionally as part of a design
- Wants play a central role in influencing, crafting and building
what design means at Joy.--
- Willing to commute to our SOMA, San Francisco office regularly.
This position is not eligible for remote work.
- Experience with Framer or Origami prototyping tools.
- Code or build interactive prototypes.
- Experience with marketplaces such as Airbnb or ecommerce
systems like Shopify. This position is eligible for remote work.
This position is a 6 mo+ contract position working directly with
the product team. Joy At Joy we believe there is always room for
making things more joyful. And we're doing it for events. We are
designing a better way to help hosts, planners, goers and doers
find and enable new workflows and behaviors between everyone
involved in the complex task of event planning.-- It is BIG task
and we are a small team, which means you will be key player and
will have a lot of fun dabbling in all aspects of building a great
product and a great company. We're a Y Combinator and VC funded
startup tackling the 100B+ event industry. We welcome people from
all backgrounds, millions of people are using our software around
the world and we're just getting started. Work @ Joy Fast paced,
Challenging, Fun. The work environment is very dynamic. We iterate
often and fast. We talk to our customers. We dig deeper into what
is it that they really need. We encourage wearing as many hats as
you want. We value humility and honesty over being right every
time. We believe ideas win, not people. Design @ Joy At our core we
believe that design is the product. It's what people remember. It's
what people feel. It's what makes our customers fall in love over
and over again. It's the little things, the intangibles and it's a
part of everything we do. We believe design is not just how the
product looks and feels but what it does. We prefer simple over
complicated. Humans over robots. We're looking for all kinds of
people To build a service that's brings joy to people all around
the world, we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives,
experiences and backgrounds. We want to have the best people in
every job. Joy policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on
race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or
veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics (or those of a family member),
sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made
unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Joy, Inc., San Francisco , Senior Product Designer (Contract), Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!