Company: Health eCareers
Posted on: January 16, 2021
Your basic responsibilities will include (but not be limited
- Providing comprehensive clinical and surgical ophthalmological
care to our Veteran patients.
- Providing diagnostic and therapeutic services in inpatient and
outpatient settings, ordering diagnostic studies and procedures,
and perform surgical and non-surgical general ophthalmology
- Supervising ophthalmology residents in the eye clinic, short
procedure room, laser room and the operating room.
- Initiating changes in the system for delivering care based on
evidence-based medicine research and /or studies.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating
- Effectively and creatively teaching and providing guidance to
others involved in the delivery of the educational program.Work
Schedule:40 Hours per week.Monday - Friday. Shared call rotation
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required.
Education Debt Reduction Program:This position is eligible for
EDRP, a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this
position you must submit your application within four months of
appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and
eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA
Education Loan Repayment services Office.Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer Similar jobs
- Ophthalmologists Requirements
Conditions of Employment
- United States Citizenship Required; non-citizens may only be
appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in
accordance with VA Policy
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
- Must pass pre-employment physical examinationQualifications
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements
by the closing date of this announcement, 06/01/2021.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance
with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The
degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by
the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course
of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United
States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved
by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core
specialty training program leading to eligibility for board
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- ABMS Board Certification or Board Eligibility in
OphthalmologyReference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook
5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This
can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:The Ophthalmologist should be physically and
mentally capable to perform the examinations,
formulate the diagnosis and treatment plan, and educate residents.
Physical activity includes sitting, standing (up to 4 hours),
walking (up to 2 hours), some bending from the neck and lower back
and some light shifting may be involved.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of
Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or
institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can
verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ . If
you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements,
you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your
transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For
.BenefitsA career with the U.S. Government provides employees with
a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and
your family will have access to a range of benefits that are
designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more
about federal benefits. Contact Information Show Contact Details
Providing comprehensive clinical and surgical ophthalmological care
to our Veteran patients.) Bassett Healthcare Network, a progressive
health care network in central New York and major teaching
affiliate of Columbia University, is seeking a Cataract Surgeon to
join a busy ophthalmology department based in the lovely village of
Keywords: Health eCareers, San Francisco , Ophthalmologist, Other , Albany, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!