Product Designer for Exploratory Projects
Company: Dropbox, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Dropbox is the world s first smart workspace that helps people and
teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million
registered users across 180 countries, we re on a mission to design
a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San
Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work
together. They re building a family of products that handle over a
billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad
mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to
make an impact.
We re looking for product designers with 0 1 experience where they
ve helped a product find product/market fit and operate at scale.
This role will basically act like an EIR and design advisor for
moonshots projects. Some of time, you ll be expected to hop onto
specific exploratory teams and help them shape their idea and
product or provide guidance. Other times, you ll be expected to
come up with new ideas to go after and validate them. Once you find
something, your team of seasoned Product Manager's and Engineering
that also have 0 1 experience, will work to see if there is
product/market fit and business model fit, and eventually, work to
integrate that into becoming a main-line Dropbox product.
* You will identify new opportunities in ambiguous problem spaces
and markets that Dropbox should invest in
* You will work with the team to validate the problem, solution,
target audience, and specific opportunity in scrappy ways
* You will work to find product/market fit, business model fit, and
eventually integrate the new product into the rest of Dropbox s
* You will refine product development processes around how to
validate new opportunities to help your team and other teams at
Dropbox as well
* You will guide and advise other project teams in validating their
idea and finding product/market fit
* You re either an ex-founder or been a primary contributor to a
startup that has found product market fit and helped that product
* You re able to come up ambitious ideas and have experience
turning them into a reality and seeing if they really work.
* You re someone that challenges the status quo and questions why
things they are the way the are and why does it have to be that
* You re a self-starter, scrappy, and generally curious about
* You re an expert in product thinking and creating simple,
intuitive, and tasteful experiences that solve real user
* You re a user researcher when you need to be, and able to ask the
right questions about your target audience to validate your
* You re a great collaborator and generous with knowledge. You want
to make all boats rise.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place
for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel
supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our
support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at
Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at
Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas)
and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Keywords: Dropbox, Inc., San Francisco , Product Designer for Exploratory Projects, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!