Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Verb Surgical
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Company DescriptionVerb Surgical--- is shaping the future of
surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago,
which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery,
instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A
future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes,
lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and funding
from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a medical
device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. This
company will continue in strong partnership with Verily and Johnson
& Johnson (Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery)
to advance the surgical tools and capabilities available to
surgeons and OR professionals today.Job DescriptionMission: The
Systems Engineer will serve as a key interface between engineering
teams, both internal and external. They will guide development of
our system by maintaining a complete, holistic view of the system
while managing system complexity and reconciling conflicting
requirements, drivers and constraints. They will help drive key
architectural, design and interface decisions and will be
responsible for ensuring the completeness and quality of the
associated design controls and documentation of the Verb
Key Interfaces: The Systems Engineer will interface broadly across
project and engineering teams (Mechanical, Electrical, Software
Engineering, Controls, Embedded) as well as cross functionally with
Quality/Regulatory, Clinical, NPI, Service, Test, Project
Management, and Marketing.
- Develop requirements for key interfaces to the system.
- Manage Requirements and Tests relative to Milestones
- Work closely with engineering teams to plan / de-risk remaining
development work, taking into account key interactions and
- Help define and refine Systems Engineering processes and
- Serve as key interface point with external development
How will the position evolve over time?
Over time, additional responsibilities may include owning larger
parts of the overall system, defining the design and development
direction for aspects of the system, and taking on leadership roles
for teams working in these areas.
- Expert understanding of product development process including
requirements analysis, conceptual design and design trades, system
design, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Deep knowledge of FDA compliant development practices.
- Ability to work in a startup environment
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experiences and Qualifications
- Broad Knowledge across mechanical, electrical and software
engineering, as part of combined HW/SW systems
- Solid background in systems engineering processes
- Deep knowledge in at least one discipline, including
electrical, mechanical or software engineering
- Solid background in quality systems
- Experience partitioning and decomposing complex engineering
problems into solvable problems
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience writing requirements documents and design
- Experience developing medical devices within FDA, ISO, and IEC
requirements and guidelines including risk analysis and quality
- BS in software, electrical or in other related technical area +
7 years experience, or...
- MS in software, electrical or in other related technical area +
5 years experience, or...
- PhD in software, electrical or in other related technical area
+ 3 years experience
Physical Demands: "This role does have any physical demand
Keywords: Verb Surgical, San Francisco , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!