Legal Associate (Contract Operations)
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement
in which everyone can win - shoppers, retailers, society and every
person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for
doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and
feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial
freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world's best
retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally.
In the U.S. more than 5 million customers use Afterpay and is
offered by more than 15,000 of the top fashion and beauty retailers
across the country - including Anthropologie, Forever 21, DSW, GAP
Inc, Finish Line, Levi's, Lululemon, Ray-Ban and many others. Our
U.S. headquarters are located at the heart of the retail and
business district in San Francisco, California.
Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone
As a Legal Associate, you will work on a collaborative team in a
fast-paced, high volume environment. We are looking for someone to
make an immediate impact and be driven to help align internal and
external stakeholders on business needs.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our
ideas, our everyday drive. Here's where you will begin...
- Review, draft, and manage commercial agreements and related
documentation, and assist lawyers with contract drafting, managing
templates, and project managing contract issuances.
- Provide support to sales stakeholders by putting deal terms
together in the contract.
- Take initiative by reaching out to business teams to understand
deal terms, deal structure, and flesh out non-standard commercial
and legal terms.
- Respond to legal requests from business teams by summarizing and
communicating legal concepts and procedures.
- Support legal team in streamlining and scaling the team's
processes and procedures.
- Manage and maintain internal trackers, training materials,
templates, and other documentation.
- Organize and manage legal team institutional knowledge through
creation of centralized knowledge management repository by
standardizing processes, policies, and templates.
- Collect, document, and analyze relevant data to improve legal
- Manage and oversee the review and negotiation of NDAs Assist with
or lead legal operational projects internally and externally.
Who are you?
Like us, you'll be obsessed with our product. You'll get a kick out
of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more
people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the
You will have...
- Experience working as a contracts manager, paralegal, or legal
- Experience working with agreements, including drafting and
preparing simple amendments to standard templates
- Ability to work with a wide range of contract types including
service agreements, amendments, addendums, schedules and statements
- Experience supporting a legal team in a fast-paced and high
- Experience with project management, building process design, and
analytics and metrics
- Experience with legal software solutions (e.g., contract
lifecycle management, workflow automation, etc.)
- Prioritizing and managing numerous responsibilities
- Detail oriented & strong interpersonal and organizational
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent practical
- Previous tech industry and Salesforce experience a plus
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. We pride
ourselves on fairness and offer equitable and competitive
compensation. You will receive medical, vision and dental insurance
- 100% covered. Once we are back in the office you will enjoy
working from our beautiful office space in the US and feel trusted
to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our
locations. We are proud to support working parents of all genders
in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave
program including access to paid leave.
When you're built from the ground up, there's always room for
growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real
purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don't know what the future holds. That's the
exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you're brave, if
you're committed to doing the right thing and excited by this
opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all
interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All
new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily
work from home until it is safe to return to our offices
Keywords: Afterpay, San Francisco , Legal Associate (Contract Operations), Legal , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!