Corporate Counsel / Sole Counsel
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 22, 2021
1) The market leader in digital analytics with the mission of
delivering the world's leading cyber risk analytics on one of the
most critical risks of today and the future.
2) Hypergrowth startup that has raised over $50mm in capital from
top tier VCs.
3) Explosive team growth (from 15 employees in SF to 100+people
globally and growing 50% more in 2021).
4) Explosive client base growth path having tripled our clients in
5) Phenomenal company culture where we are committed to enabling
you to do the best work of your career. Check out our perfect score
6) An incredible high performing team of insurance industry
professionals, data scientists, and engineers who love working
7) CyberCube and its products win industry awards every year (eg.
CyberRisk Solution of the Year 2021).
8) Openness and accessibility of senior leadership including heads
of Functions and CEO.
We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee all
legal aspects of our business. You will lead on contract
negotiations, risks, and reputational management and provide
general legal support to our C-suite stakeholders.
What you'll be working on:
- Lead the in-house legal function globally for a rapidly growing
- Coordinate with external counsel in the US, UK, and Estonia on
a variety of legal matters, including capital structure, financing,
corporate governance, HR, real estate, data governance, compliance,
and equity compensation.
- Draft, negotiate and review a variety of contracts, including
customer subscription agreements, professional services
arrangements, strategic partner agreements, procurement contracts,
confidentiality agreements, and other contracts relating to the
operations of our SaaS business globally, with operations in the
UK, Europe, and the US.
- Undertake contract management, including improving processes
for streamlined legal review of contracts.
- Advise the business teams on creative solutions to complex
problems. Provide legal advice to the sales and marketing teams to
ensure strong compliance culture is maintained
- Obtain and maintain a strong knowledge of our leading SaaS
- Assist CyberCube's executives in the preparation,
implementation, and optimization of contract forms, processes, and
- Recognize that contracts are often the start of long and
prosperous customer and partner engagements. You will act with
pragmatism and develop strong interpersonal relationships with the
senior leaders and representatives of counter-parties while
structuring win/win agreements.
- 6+ years of law firm and/or in-house legal work experience with
a recognized technology company, with at least 3 years focused on
the negotiation of significant technology transactions.
- Degree from a recognized law school and license to practice in
the US or the UK.
- Experience in financial services and/or insurance is a plus but
not a requirement.
- Experience with contract negotiations in the US, the UK or
- Demonstrable experience in SaaS, cloud computing, enterprise
software, data privacy and cybersecurity.
- Experience working in a fast-moving startup environment wearing
multiple hats and taking on a broad set of responsibilities as the
company's only in-house counsel.
- Skilled at interacting effectively in a high customer
- Ability to think strategically yet also ensure the appropriate
level of details are captured and managed to ensure resiliency with
changing business models, best practices, and laws globally.
- Excellent analytical and written skills, with the ability to
identify problems and develop solutions. Ability to manage details
while maintaining a strategic view. Ability to work effectively
with ambiguity and change.
- Experience working with a geographically diverse team across
multiple time zones.
- A sense of humor and perspective is essential.
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills, and ability
to manage multiple transactions and projects simultaneously under a
- Understanding of how to partner and collaborate with sales,
marketing, and business development colleagues in a fast-paced and
changing environment with complex transactions and liability
- Mature judgment and a high sense of integrity and
professionalism who can both conceptualize strategically while
providing practical advice that balances risks with the overall
- Ability to work with a geographically diverse team across
multiple time zones.
- Highly self-motivated and able to operate both autonomously and
in a close team environment.
- Some limited overseas travel anticipated.
Why You'll Love it Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest
industries in the world
- Competitive salary, 4% match on 401(k), and unlimited PTO
- Meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home when
- Dependant care assistance plan
- Company supported mentorship program
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We
don't tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality,
ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic
information or political affiliation.
Keywords: CyberCube, San Francisco , Corporate Counsel / Sole Counsel, Legal , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!