Transactional Legal Secretary
Company: Nelson Companies
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Title: Transactional Legal Secretary (Real Estate)
Location: San Francisco, CA (ONSITE)
Type: Temp; possible T-H
- Work with firm leadership, partners, and business colleagues on
a variety of requests and projects.
- Draft, input, revise and finalize, routine correspondence,
memoranda, and other legal documents.
- Draft addendums to real estate contracts; schedule and
coordinate real estate closings with attorneys, lenders and title
company and brokers.
- Order and review title / survey and underlying title documents;
prepare escrow instructions.
- Create and maintain closing files / organize closing binders,
coordinate filings for corporate documents with clients.
- File legal documents in federal and state courts, including
e-filing in all courts and agencies; prepare documents for service
of process; prepare case "shell" documents for use by
- Verify all attachments, exhibits and enclosures are included
with transmittal letters/memos.
- Proofread documents and check for appropriate formatting,
spelling and grammar.
- Maintain good public relations with clients.
- Review all incoming mail, distribute to teams as needed and
upload to the DMS.
- Prepare documents and packages for mail, messenger, and
- Prepare expense reports, manage vendor invoices, mailings, and
request checks as needed.
- Enter attorney time and send time entry reminders.
- Process client billing and assist with review and edit of bills
- Schedule appointment and make arrangements for meetings,
conferences and travel.
- Complete client/matter intake forms; request conflicts of
interest checks; open new files and prepare files to be
- Coordinate and follow through on requests and projects with
other support departments (e.g., word processing, receptionists,
file/document clerks, office services).
- Provide overflow and absence coverage assistance as well as
secretarial support for Secretarial Team Members' attorneys.
- A minimum of 5 years of legal secretarial experience, including
providing support for litigation-based and transactional practice
- Recent experience at a large, national firm.
- Strong proofreading skills, attention to detail and solid
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft programs (Word,
- Legal citation and legal terminology expertise.
- Familiarity with Carpe Diem, Elite, iManage, Chrome River,
Forte, Workshare Compare or similar technology.
- The ability to organize, prioritize and meet the demands off
multiple attorney assignments.
- Flexibility to work overtime occasionally.
- Good attendance and punctuality.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and
staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all
types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find
exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government,
and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders,
and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with
appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and
exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency,
authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every
day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking
for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National
Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age,
Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service
in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by
Keywords: Nelson Companies, San Francisco , Transactional Legal Secretary, Legal , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!