Senior Software Engineer, Growth Tech
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 16, 2019
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of
thousands of members across the globe space, community, and
services that enable them to do what they love and craft their
life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to
make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are
central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and
technology at each point in the building process, such that it can
make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster
and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working
within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and
dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork
has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to
more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Growth Technology is to deliver technology that
powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right
products to the right people at the right price at the right time.
It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable
inventory, and membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price.
Growth Tech covers the entire journey of a member, from their first
interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through
providing the right account visibility and flexibility so they stay
a member for life and grow with us.Responsibilities
- Design and develop new scalable, versatile services and APIs
- Decompose services from an existing monolith where necessary
and design, develop and maintain them in production.
- Mentor junior engineers and take an active interest in their
- Help steer technical direction and evangelise best
- Translate and effectively communicate business speak into tech
speak and vice versa.
- Take the lead in creating a team culture that you would want to
invite your friends to work in.
- Partner with managers in hiring and building the engineering
- 5+ years of professional software development
- Proficient in Java
- Proficient in using one of the popular RDBMS like Postgres or
- Experience working with AWS, GCP or other cloud service
- Experience with asynchronous messaging for inter-service
communication using tools like Kafka, RabbitMQ, NATS, ...
- Worked on a production system based on microservices and
familiar with its principles and practices.
- Have excellent communication skills, are a self starter and be
Nice to have
- Familiarity with popular tools and frameworks like Docker,
Kubernetes, gRPC, Prometheus, OpenTracing, Fluentd, gRPC, Envoy,
Jaeger, Notary, Vitess, NATS, ...
- Experience using design patterns such as - Domain driven
design, event sourcing, CQRS, data streaming, log aggregation,
distributed tracing, audit logging, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply now!
Keywords: WeWork, San Francisco , Senior Software Engineer, Growth Tech, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!