Software Engineer Engineer - Platform Infrastructure (Embedded Linux)
Company: Cisco Systems
Posted on: July 16, 2019
Who You'll Work?It is an exciting time to work with a new project
in Service Provider SPNS group. The next generation of NOS
architecture - hardware and software that aligns with SDN, is
highly modular and programmable, supports modern software
principles and distributed system constructs, and works at
hyper-scale. This while making it super simple for customers to
deploy and maintain. Some people are calling it the plug-and-play
of networking.Who You Are?
We are looking for strong, talented and upbeat engineers and
technical leaders with following skills:
- Exposure to Open Source software and contributions to the Open
- Strong background in C/C++, good knowledge of programming on
- Comfortable with Linux platform bring up, system architecture
- System software development with exposure to MIPS, PPC and x86
- Excellent background in polling in an embedded environment and
improving runtime performance.
- Work in an Agile development environment where the team is
empowered and accountable for delivery (development & test) of
- Ability to learn and utilize diverse programming language (e.g.
python, GO) as part of the development process.
- Deep understanding and/or experience of platform
infrastructure: Device drivers (fabric, control Ethernet, FPGA
drivers, optics, BIOS etc..), Operating systems, disk drivers,
Power management, Chassis management
- BIOS Experience is a plus
What You'll Do?
- You will help build expertise on the elite modular, fully
distributed, highly available, highly secure network operating
system and routing platform
- You will work directly with the op customers like Google,
Facebook, Comcast, Microsoft, AT&T, NTT, British Telecom, etc
and learn how the world of Edge and Core networking is
- Evolve IOS-XR into the new Virtualized world and be part of the
journey to drive the Customers towards enabling of Virtualized
Cloud- based Network Services
- Lines between networking software (NOS) and application
software are blurred since networking is just another application
in modern times. Differentiate yourself by going above and beyond
plain app software development.
Why CiscoAt Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as
a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays
and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and
we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking
that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that
accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers
entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart
Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a
culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work
and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka
dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and
you will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other
legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis,
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Cisco Systems, San Francisco , Software Engineer Engineer - Platform Infrastructure (Embedded Linux), IT / Software / Systems , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!