Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving
world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from
millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the
exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next
frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and
Whether you re watching the delivery of your grocery order on
Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on
Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your
gas budget on Metromile, or checking today s forecast on The
Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps.
We re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are
the developer platform for location.
We re seeking a talented web developer and designer to oversee,
manage, and optimize all the technical and design aspects of
mapbox.com, our external marketing website, and provide additional
web design and development support to the marketing organization.
This role will live within our Brand Marketing team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Own mapbox.com from a design and technical standpoint.
* Partner closely with internal and external teams to update
mapbox.com, including designing new page templates and a new
content management system, and ensuring that all tracking and
redirects are accurately implemented to ensure a consistent web
experience for our customers.
* Maintain the infrastructure for the website on an ongoing basis,
including fixing bugs, controlling admin and employee access,
maintaining the CDN, providing training and documentation to
internal teams for the CMS, and managing underlying tracking and
website analytics (including integrations with other systems such
as Segment, Marketo, and Salesforce.)
* Manage and service the pipeline of new content, templates, design
and tracking requests for mapbox.com in a timely, prioritized, and
strategic fashion, partnering with cross-functional teams to do
* Provide recommendations for and execute on website optimization
projects including using Optimizely (Marketo s real-time
personalization platform), and testing out page layouts, CTA
buttons, navigation systems, messaging, etc. to ensure the website
receives top search engine rankings and delivers on the key
performance indicators (sales leads and account sign-ups).
* Propose additional tests, embedded links, SEO, etc. to optimize
the performance of the website.
WHAT WE BELIEVE ARE IMPORTANT TRAITS FOR THIS ROLE
based webpages as well as strong experience with React and Jekyll.
Responsive design experience necessary.
* Strong focus on clean, accessible code that aligns with web and
security standards, and on building high-quality user
* Graphic design experience a plus
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* A passion for online marketing, technology, design and frontend
* Basic understanding of various CMSs
* Basic understanding of SEO/Online Marketing
* Ability to manage different projects, prioritize tasks, and
communicate deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Prone to action, willing to roll up your sleeves and iterate to
find the best solution.
WHAT WE VALUE
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this
position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
* We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into
problems and opportunities.
* We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We
commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave,
flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on
how we think about supporting our people.
* We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip
employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function
and the company.
* We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and
encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities,
abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have
received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is
linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide
personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is
mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual
Keywords: Mapbox, San Francisco , Web Developer, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!