Technology Program Director
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We're looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world's most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We're an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you're excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we're excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
Clarivate Analytics is transforming the way we to create technology products that customers love, better and faster. As such we have an exciting opportunity for a Program Director to join the Technology team for our MarkMonitor business.
The Program Director is a leadership position with change, delivery and staff management responsibilities. The successful candidate will be part of the wider team to drive those transformational changes such as Agile transformation across the organization. Besides that, the Program Director will also be responsible for the successful delivery of all technology programs and projects for the entire MarkMonitor portfolio. These programs typically relate to the software product development and technology transformation initiatives and involve multiple globally located technology and business teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and manage overall Portfolio operating rhythm related to delivery, monitoring and reporting.
- Work with Technology and Product stakeholders to define and track Portfolio roadmaps, resource and cost baselines and assumptions.
- Contribute to decisions on delivery approach of the Portfolio roadmap, such as make/buy, internal/external sourcing, etc.
- Contribute to decisions on grouping/breaking down Portfolio work that minimizes dependencies between initiatives and Projects, and maximizes value to customers
- Identifies and tracks inter-Program and inter-group dependencies and resolve issues as necessary.
- Manage overall Portfolio intake rhythm, contribute to demand and prioritization management, including the annual planning process and ad-hoc requests.
- Facilitate resource optimization analysis, proposal and decisions (people and funds) across the Portfolio, optimizing the value of these resources.
- Financial management and accountability for all Programs and Projects in the entire Portfolio.
- Identify, manage and drive resolutions for Portfolio issues and risks. Remove impediments and obstacles at the Portfolio and Program levels, which are beyond the Project team's control.
- Hands on project management on critical and key projects, and ready to dive in to solve project level issues if needed
- Establish an environment where the team can be effective, addressing team dynamics.
- Define and drive delivery process changes.
- Portfolio level stakeholder management such as VP of Technology, Head of Product Management, including vendors.
- Improve Program and Project management practices and ensure agreed framework, processes, templates and tools used, and provides feedback on continuous improvement.
- Manage and coach Program Managers.
- Promote Project management culture and provide coaching to Project leads on Project management methodology and best practices.
- Own and administer Portfolio (strategy) implementation in relevant systems (e.g. Planview).
- Personally manage programs or projects if required due to urgency, priority or complexity.
Education and Previous Experience:
- 10+ years in project and program management in software product development, with at least 5 years in program and portfolio management
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
- Project Management Certification: PMP Certified
- Agile Certification: Scrum Master Certified Preferred
- Track record of delivering multiple projects/programs within specified scope, timescales and budgets
- Track record of transforming program management organizations and creating project management culture
- Experience in setting up and managing a group of project and program managers.
- Experience in driving Agile adoption and creating self-sufficient project team culture
- Experience in continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Knowledge of software release management, experience in driving faster release cycles, preferably in Continuous Delivery
- Business case preparation, management and delivery
- A problem solver, self-starter and someone who proactively engages with the situation and make progress
- Experience in leading cross-functional and global teams with diverse styles, skills, and abilities across cultures
- Ability to empower project teams, providing leadership to help teams move the project forward
- Great attention to detail and ability to jump to the lower level to resolve issues if required
- Strong communication, negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution skills
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to understand the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to balance the long-term (\"big picture\") and short-term implications of individual decisions
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: MarkMonitor, San Francisco , Technology Program Director, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!