Sr. Systems & Network Administrator
Company: Provident Credit Union
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 16, 2019
Provident Credit Union is member-owned, trusted, financially sound, technologically advanced, and provides "world class" value, convenience, products and services to all members. We are headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and have 18 branches located throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, and Folsom.
Under general direction, designs, supports, maintains, and evaluates credit union network, systems, telecommunications and security solutions. May lead, train or participate in team projects.
- Provide the highest level of quality service attainable both externally to vendors and internally to other employees throughout all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for successful backups of systems configurations, applications, telecom and network data including site backup to support published retention policy and disaster recovery.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for network and systems security including but not limited to; firewalls, routers, IPS, HIDS, virus and malware protection, mobile device management and provides general council to vendors and staff
- Administer LAN, WAN, VLAN's and VPN's, Active Directory, SAN, VMware, Exchange, SQL Cluster, Cisco UCS, DNS, SFTP, DHCP, cryptography (SSL, certificates, PKI, VPN's with knowledge of cryptosystem services).
- Define and follow technology maintenance schedules based on business operations and requirements.
- Manage application version updates, compatibility, user rights and access.
- Manage communications and connectivity across the enterprise.
- Manage end user accounts, rights, group policy, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Support network and security scans and audits. Document and mitigate risk in a timely manner.
- Practice network asset management, including regularly scheduled maintenance of network component inventory, related documentation and technical specifications information. Responsible for ensuring software license compliance.
- Network and Systems performance monitoring, tuning and capacity planning.
- Following change management procedures recommend, schedule, install, troubleshoot and support software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Participate in vendor negotiations, technical security reviews and relationship management.
- Develop and implement standards. Find and implement opportunities for automation and efficiencies for daily operations.
- Ensures completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system stability and performance.
- Participate in planning, communication, system recovery, testing and documentation for disaster recovery events.
- Actively participate on or lead project teams created to meet short and long term goals.
- Knowledge of and key participant in application cloud suitability/readiness assessment, migration planning and support.
- Responsible for Help Desk assignments and tickets and provide backup to Help Desk support staff as needed.
- Continually develop professional skills to be knowledgeable of new technologies, best practices, regulatory and compliance issues.
- Provide remote location support including travel as needed.
- Administer and support Telephony systems including but not limited to; PSTN, VoIP, Gateways, Unified messaging and analog lines.
---Education / Training / Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and minimum 10 years' experience supporting and maintaining windows servers, desktop OS, Networking, Storage, Virtualization, Security, Telephony.
- Have or are working towards Microsoft Certifications specific to areas of responsibilities (MCSE, CCNP, CISSP)
Job Knowledge / Experience:
- Effective Team Player.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and complete assignments.
- Excellent server operating systems and hardware equipment knowledge.
- Strong network administration skills, database administration and Exchange knowledge.
- Skilled in testing and administration of SAN platforms and VMware systems.
- Extensive application support experience with Active Directory, Exchange, VMware, PKI, DNS, DHCP
- Strong technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including firewalls, routers, switches IDS, DDoS, NAC and HIDS.
- Strong knowledge of local and wide area network administration including VLAN's and VPN's.
- Experience with data management, performance monitoring, tuning and capacity planning.
- Experience with change management documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge of scripting skills with a focus on automation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires excellent writing skills to support documented project plans, procedures, policies, and general staff, management and member communication.
--- The position demands maturity, flexibility and someone ready to contribute at a high level-and the rewards that come with it.
- Fully paid health insurance premiums
- Quality medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contributions
- Strong commitment to investing in your career and educational advancement by offering up to 100% tuition reimbursement for approved courses
- Incentive plan
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Provident membership
- Rate discount on home and auto loans
- In-house training
- And much more!
Provident is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a winner of the Bay Area News Group Top Work Place in 2017 & 2018. Check us out on Glassdoor
Keywords: Provident Credit Union, San Francisco , Sr. Systems & Network Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!