Senior Software Engineer
Company: Risk Management Solutions (RMS)
Posted on: November 11, 2018
RMS is looking for an engineer who is excited and passionate about tackling complex, leading-edge software engineering challenges, processing large amounts of data at runtime within the context of a highly analytical, model-based computation framework, solving incredibly challenging business and science real-world problems that will have a real impact. Our team is responsible for automating the entire stack of high performance, large scale, geographically dispersed resources throughout its life cycle. This is a technology stack that will challenge you and diversify your skills. We are building a system from the ground-up that:
- is a highly scalable, cloud-based SaaS offering that performs low latency querying against detailed risk analysis
- is based on Linux, Java, and open source technologies, and leverages the latest advances in database tools, vector processing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and geographic visualization tools
- utilizes a unique Big Data approach scaling to massive sizes over time, large-scale distributed data processing technology, and best-in-class virtualization technology Required Skills:
- Extensive expertise in Java, Scala and Linux software development
- Experience with relational and big data storage such as Postgres, Hadoop, Kudu and similar technologies
- Strong skills in analytic computing and algorithms
- Strong mathematical background, including statistics and numerical analysis
- Knowledge of advanced programming concepts such as multi-threading, memory management, and operating systems.
- Passion for finding and solving problems
- 10+ years of programming experience; proven track record of on-time delivery
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to convey complex ideas to others in a concise and clear manner Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience in JVM performance tuning, bottleneck analysis, and resource usage monitoring
- Experience working on and/or with cloud and open source technologies such as Spark, Arrow, and Docker
- Apollo, Redshift, Presto.
- Distributing Processing
- Familiarity with probabilistic and stochastic computational techniques
- Experience with data access and computing in highly distributed cloud systems
- Prior history with agile development To find out more, visit Or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn on Twitter. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. RMS is enrolled in E-Verify-- and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. . To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
Keywords: Risk Management Solutions (RMS), San Francisco , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!