Senior Software Engineer - Reliability
Company: Risk Management Solutions (RMS)
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Senior Software Engineer: Reliability RMS is looking for engineers to lead the transformation of our infrastructure and application stack into a modern, CI/CD-based Software-as-a-Service solution in the public cloud. Our engineers are building a new high-performance, large-scale, geographically-dispersed system, scaling to over 5000 cores and 2PB, with plans to significantly ramp capacity from there. Our stack is based on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Java, and open source technologies, and leverages the latest advances in database tools, vector processing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and geographic visualization tools. At RMS, we have an app stack that will challenge you and diversify your skills. You will contribute by:
- Leveraging your knowledge of High Availability, Scalability, Reliability, and Efficiency for distributed systems to influence and improve our SaaS services working with the architecture, engineering and infrastructure teams.
- Developing continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline automation to rapidly create environments and deploy code and configuration to them.
- Implementing monitoring strategies and tools for proactive detection of failures and delivery of visibility into service metrics. Required Experience and Skills
- 5+ years coding experience in Java or Python.
- 2+ years operational experience with AWS/Azure infrastructure OR Linux/UNIX system administration.
- Familiarity with microservices concepts and architecture, as implemented on the public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with agile development and working with agile software development teams
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or 5+ years equivalent professional experience Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience with a range of infrastructure elements:
- Containers/Virtualization: Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, VMWare, Virtualbox, etc.
- Monitoring: Prometheus, InfluxDB, Wavefront, Signalfx, Nagios, Zenos, Zabbix, etc.
- Logging: Graylog, ELK, Splunk, Scalyr, Sumo Logic, etc.
- Config Mgmt: Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet
- CI / CD: Jenkins, Spinnaker, CircleCI, GO Pipeline, etc.
- Additional Coding/Scripting: Scala, Go, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Storage and Databases: HDFS, Spark, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Kudu, MongoDB
- Networking: DNS, Routing, Firewalls, Load balancers, etc. About RMS: RMS is transforming the insurance industry's understanding and quantification of risk by delivering the world's leading catastrophe risk models in a real-time risk management environment. Creator of the RMS(one)--- exposure and risk management environment, RMS brings insurers and reinsurers enterprise-wide access to real-time risk intelligence, and the unprecedented ability to manage all models, exposures, and analytics in the RMS Cloud. We are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, through our innovative risk management platform 'RMS(one)' for the global risk market. RMS(one) will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS(one). RMS has 1,200 employees in 11 countries, including offices in Newark (CA-USA), Noida (India), London (UK), Hoboken (NJ-USA), and Zurich (Switzerland). To find out more, visit or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn on Twitter. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. RMS is enrolled in E-Verify-- and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. . To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
Keywords: Risk Management Solutions (RMS), San Francisco , Senior Software Engineer - Reliability, IT / Software / Systems , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!