OBIA (Oracle Business Intelligence Applications) Reporting Lead Systems Analyst, Vice President
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
OBIA (Oracle Business Intelligence Applications) Reporting Analyst, Lead Systems Analyst, Vice President
The role can be based in any of these office location - Walnut Creek (CA), Monterey Park (CA), Sacramento (CA) or Jersey City (NJ)
The resource will report to the Director, Finance Systems to support the Oracle Business Intelligence Applications and their associated roadmap of projects. The resource will work closely with the Finance System team members to provide functional expertise in Oracle OBIA and reporting area. This position serves as a key resource for the team supporting the existing critical reporting needs in the Oracle OBIA/OBIEE application area
The candidate will also be involved in new projects/enhancements to the existing OBIA infrastructure on the Data design, mapping analysis for the batch extracts of the transactions and balance detail from the Oracle EBS/ Peoplesoft and other source applications. This resource will be the SME on the Data flows between the various operating system sources (e.g. Peoplesoft/EBS Financials) to the target OBIA reporting layer, driving the design, development of the new OBIEE/Visualization reports based on business requirements across the full SDLC.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the associated milestones, development process and documentation requirements. Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong proficiency in all aspects of an OBIA application solution design, administration, configuration and deployment.
- Lead, manage and coordinate all IT deliverables for design, development, testing, deployment and post-production support.
- Perform system analysis and design in support of Tax and Transfer Pricing and other reporting requirements
- Lead configuration and full setup of all OBIA infrastructure
- Lead and guide the installation of all software for each environment, including infrastructure software as well as Vendor software.
- Lead all IT testing phases, including software unit testing, system testing, and integration testing.
- Support testing phases for PTE (performance testing) and User Acceptance Testing as required.
- Follow client EPF methodology, completing necessary documentation on time as per project schedule, and obtaining approvals.
- Partner and work with Business Unit Project Manager to co-lead the project through all system development lifecycle phases.
- Integrate with Bank's Data Management Office, Finance and Risk Data Management Office to ensure continuity and consistency of data integrity and data quality across all Finance technology platforms and solutions
- Influences business users in redefining business processes to maximize application usage as required. Recommends builds only for differentiation.
- Manage technology project delivery; addressing risks and issues through effective contingency plans and proper escalation.
- Provide functional support to the technical team in systems development and act as a liaison between end users and the technical team members.
- Provide technical expertise on overall architecture and strategy of the Oracle Business Intelligence Solutions
- Review analysis and design done by systems personnel, provide guidance and solution direction.
- Reviews, advises and designs standard software and hardware builds, system options, risks, costs versus benefits and impact on the enterprise business process and goals.
- Develops programming standards and procedures as well as programming architectures for code reuse.
- Recommends system improvements, new applications and develops plans to improve service.
- Prepares project schedules and budget estimates
10+ years of experience in IT, with at least 7 years in information systems analysis and implementation of Oracle BI applications.
Experience in Banking or Financial Services Technology. Good understanding of Banking and Financial instrument accounting
Working knowledge of the 12c visualization tool
Implementation experience with high availability architecture for OBIA/ODI/OBIEE. Expertise in building New OBIEE reports with ODI.
Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Partner with core accounting business liaisons in the requirement analysis and translating into the Data mapping, OBIEE reporting design in collaboration with technical resources.
Strong business systems and analysis experience with ability to lead functional and technical requirements definition and solution
Experience with ERP Systems like People Soft and Oracle EBS; expertise with other analytical reporting tools
Requires knowledge of IT governance and controls, and SOX controls
Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis to maintain transparency on work efforts and to ensure design and implementation is understood by all team participants
Working knowledge in user interface design and data visualization architecture and implementation experience using tools such as Tableau, Oracle 12c.
Flexible in managing competing priorities and objectives.
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
Strong team player with a 'can-do' attitude. Action oriented - escalates and resolves issues in a timely manner
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Keywords: MUFG, San Francisco , OBIA (Oracle Business Intelligence Applications) Reporting Lead Systems Analyst, Vice President, IT / Software / Systems , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!