Senior Software Engineer, Front-End
Company: New Relic
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Senior Software Engineer, Front-End
San Francisco, CA
The mission of the Growth Data Team is to provide deep analytics on customer engagement and maturity to our internal teams so that we can automatically deliver contextual, relevant, data-driven experiences based on the lifecycle stage of the customer. Our team is tasked with building a data platform on top of the incredible amount of business, user, and customer data that New Relic possesses as well as delivering valuable insights on top of that platform to the teams that need it.
We are looking for a talented front-end engineer to join us in building web applications to visualize and analyze data throughout New Relic. These visualizations will be used by your coworkers throughout the company and will help make their livesand the lives of the customers they work witheasier and more enjoyable each and every day. Some of the problems we work on involve determining the success and revenue impact of new product features, measuring and predicting the health of our customers, discovering patterns in product usage that we can use to improve our products, and helping sales and technical support reps communicate more effectively with their customers.
To expedite your application process, please include a short cover letter telling us why youre interested in this position and why you think we would work well together.
- Experience with front-end JS testing tools and a comprehensive understanding of UI testing techniques
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks (such as Rails or Django)
- Expertise in HTML and CSS, as well as how to wield them in a cross-browser compatible manner
- Have strong opinions, weakly held and rooted in personal experience. You can easily disregard prior held biases and opinions in the face of new information and use cases
- Select the best frameworks and tools needed to let you get the job done quickly, while also optimizing for codebase stability, product stability, and target use case growth
- Work with our product manager and our team of data engineers to ensure your data exploration products properly render complex data that are aligned with the needs of our internal customers
- Teach us how to ensure data is delivered in a way that allows you to produce highly performant and flexible user interfaces
- Integrate yourself with designers and other UI engineers across New Relic to learn from others and to ensure you stay up to date on the companys UI best practices
- Learn and improve your skills to continuously push us to deliver higher quality data products and improve how we view data visualization company-wide
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a culture add to New Relic and spend -5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relics cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon Top Workplace award winner, named a leader in the Gartners 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Magic Quadrant for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc) -- all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up. We can help with relocation and are open to H1-B transfers.
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this page
Keywords: New Relic, San Francisco , Senior Software Engineer, Front-End, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!