Senior System Software Engineer- GPU
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 15, 2018
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged software engineer with experience in system software development to join the GPU SW team. You will design key aspects of our production GPU kernel drivers and embedded SW. You should demonstrate the ability to excel in an environment with complex software and hardware designs. What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with both hardware engineers and other software engineers to design, develop, and debug features for our GPUs and mobile system-on-chip (SOC) devices.
- You will be part of the entire GPU development cycle, taking the architecture from simulation till productization
- Design and development of features with an eye towards safety & security of the firmware and hardwareWhat we need to see:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree.
- 3+ years of meaningful software development experience.
- Demonstrate hands-on technical background; excellent C programming and low-level driver experience.
- You are an asset if you have familiarity with computer system architecture, microprocessor, and microcontroller fundamentals (caches, buses, memory controllers, DMA, etc).
- Experience with embedded system SW concepts, e.g.: RTOS and overlay programming models
- Exposure to complex system-level debugging is invaluable.
- Experience with unit testing in embedded and highly constrained systems.Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with functional safety and security (ASPICE, ISO26262, EAL/CC, SAE J3061)
- Experience in C/C++ and related coding standards (e.g. Automotive MISRA or similar)
- Familiarity with kernel level security concepts; this includes testing techniques and a familiarity with static code analysis, dynamic analysis, fuzzing, negative testing and other techniques.NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!With competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, we are widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our best-in-class engineering teams are rapidly growing. If you're a creative and autonomous engineer with a real passion for technology, we want to hear from you.NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: NVIDIA, San Francisco , Senior System Software Engineer- GPU, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!