Field Service Light Rail Warranty Manager- Rolling Stock
Company: Siemens Mobility
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated
transportation of people and goods by rail - including rolling
stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft
and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock,
including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and
streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed
trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide
traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as
signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and
The Field Service Light Rail Warranty Manager in Project LRV4 will
be the overall responsible person for managing the warranty
responsibilities on the SFMTA LRV4 Passenger Light Rail Contract.
The Warranty Manager will take the lead position in discussions
with customer and suppliers in reviewing warranty performance,
material reconciliation, and reliability improvement measures. The
Light Rail Warranty Manager will be supported in this role by
Engineering, Reliability, and Logistics departments.
- Responsible for managing contractual commitments with
- Manage complex customer warranty obligations, budget, and
resources within the project.
- Manage vendor and customer warranty disputes to achieve
- Oversee warranty and supplier recovery process.
- Manage and review monthly warranty reporting.
- Manage warranty spare parts movement.
- Work with historical data to evaluate warranty material stocks
and future contract needs.
- Some business travel to sites is required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate degree in an engineering or business discipline
- Minimum 5-year experience in relevant field
- Experience with warranty specifications and warranty agreements
with suppliers and customers
- Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including
--- Knowledge of SAP operating system
- Skill in problem solving.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to focus on detail and quality of our product
- Ability to work cohesively with employees at all levels,
customers, and suppliers
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance- Health, Dental, Vision
Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of
exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
passionate about access to education, access to technology,
sustaining communities, and positively impacting the
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid
for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement
program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and
generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused - Just named on the Forbes
2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
- Siemens is proud to have been named Fast Company 's Best
Workplaces for Innovators
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only
candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to
employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here:
https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html . The base
salary range for this position in California is $88,800.00-
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, San Francisco , Field Service Light Rail Warranty Manager- Rolling Stock, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!