Developer Relations Lead (Enterprise)
Company: Niantic, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Are you ready to craft and define new industry verticals for
Niantic's ground-breaking AR platform? Niantic's Business
Development team is looking for a Developer Relations team member
to drive the success of Lightship, Niantic's AR developer platform,
in new, non-gaming and enterprise use cases. This is a meaningful
role closely connected to Niantic's strategy and vision for
bringing to life AR experiences that will make both our world and
our work more accessible and engaging. These applications will use
Niantic AR and developer Mapping tools to empower end users on
mobile phones and/or AR headsets.
Together with our partners, we will create geospatial and
non-gaming applications for large scale media and entertainment AR
activations in addition to enterprise-focused AR visualization,
training, and remote assistance use cases.
- Identify high-potential development teams, onboard them, and
forge an enduring relationship built on mutual confidence and
- Be the primary point of contact throughout their entire
production by connecting them to the full range of Niantic
products, features, and services. You will help partners optimize
their live services, advising and facilitating cross functional
support on analytics, engagement and monetization
- Serve as a bi-directional ambassador between Niantic and the
enterprise developer ecosystem - ensuring that Niantic is building
what enterprise developers need, while also ensuring alignment
between developers and the platform's objectives.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with business development,
engineering, marketing, product and analytics teams to support
developer success. Work closely with internal teams to tackle
technical challenges and unlock platform opportunities for
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and
stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and
participation in meetings.
- Explore and develop demand for non-gaming and enterprise use
cases in order to enable partner developers to address the market
- Evangelize our platform to encourage and engage the next
generation of world-changing AR developers.
- Required in-office 2 days on Monday and Wednesday.
- 3+ years of relevant job experience (e.g. partner management,
platform developer relations) managing successful app
- Experience with enterprise focused developers working on AR
visualization, training or remote assistance use cases.
- Strong cross-functional leadership, executive presence and
communication skills (verbal and written) including synchronous
interactions with others. A track record of aligning internal teams
in support of developers.
- BA/BS degree in law, business, communications, marketing, or
related area of study (or equivalent practical
- Data driven, and strategic problem solver. Adaptive to change
and has the ability to learn quickly.
- Project management capability, with experience influencing
development schedules and features/roadmaps.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle
stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and
be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little
- Strong familiarity/knowledge of Niantic games, our developer
and player community, and the Niantic mission are useful.
- Willing to travel for relevant industry events, visit key
partners, and in-person team events.
- Experience with geospatial, spatial computing, or real-time 3D
- Experience with AR, and/or VR technologies.
- Experience with developer products or services (SDKs).
The total compensation package for this position includes a new
hire offer base salary range of $158,000 - $185,000 + bonus +
equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work
location and additional factors, including assessed job-related
skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your
recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total
compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit
offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic's global-scale augmented reality platform and digital map
powers spatial computing experiences in the real world. Incubated
out of the Maps team at Google, Niantic first created Ingress and
then Pok--mon GO, a cultural phenomenon and hit game played by tens
of millions of people each month. Niantic's Lightship platform
powers Pok--mon GO and other Niantic games including Pikmin Bloom,
Peridot and Monster Hunter Now. Developers can now use Niantic
Lightship and 8th Wall to build their own AR applications and WebAR
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe in encouraging
a workplace where our people are supported and included. This
environment is critical to crafting phenomenal products that our
community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring
diverse voices, including those who are traditionally
underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this
to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in-person
interaction and collaboration cultivates creativity, a sense of
community, and is crucial to our future success as a company. Our
hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value
intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have
growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto,
Bellevue, Kansas, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich.
Keywords: Niantic, Inc., San Francisco , Developer Relations Lead (Enterprise), IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!