Founding Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Join us at ClericCleric is an AI-powered agent designed to
manage and resolve issues in production environments autonomously.
It uses an LLM based reasoning engine to react to, interpret, and
implement solutions to production issues, even those it's
encountering for the first time.Technology companies are grappling
with the complexity of production environments, distracting
engineers from their core task of software development. Engineers
are drowning in a sea of observability data, but still require
manual intervention to solve problems.We envision a future where
engineers can concentrate on software development while Cleric
takes care of the production environment. Our mission is to develop
autonomous software that can manage, repair, and optimize
itself-the holy grail.Now is a magical time to join. We're a small
group of veterans in AI, software, and infrastructure, backed by a
leading AI venture capital firm and Silicon Valley angels.About the
roleWe're hiring our first Founding Software Engineer. It's
probably our most critical hire. You will help to design and
develop the core components of our product. You will significantly
contribute to building our company culture, defining the experience
for our earliest customers, and laying the foundation for all
future team members.Ideally, these qualities describe you
- You're obsessed with the customer.
- You have strong software engineering fundamentals. You have
opinions on how software is developed.
- You've operated infrastructure at scale. You've seen it done
right, and you've seen it gone wrong. Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark,
microservices, and all the usual suspects.
- You love building with generative AI and have had some prior
- You have experience in Rust, C++, or Scala. Our stack is
Python, TypeScript, and Go right now, but some experience in
high-performance languages are important.Examples of what you'll do
- The founding engineer will work closely with the CEO, CTO, and
our product team to develop the core product offering and help
build out the team. You'll work on the LLM-based reasoning engine,
memory module, evaluation stack, simulation environment, and a lot
- Help us iterate towards product-market fit in an early stage,
open ended environment.
- Embody our end users (engineers with operational
responsibilities), immersing yourself in their needs, pains, and
aspirations.How we work:
- Less is more: Small teams deliver impactful outcomes. Our focus
is on meaningful work rather than long hours.
- Culture is critical: We value excitement and chemistry. We only
bring in the right people who align with our vision.
- Transparent compensation: We'll give you levers to adjust your
compensation. $120k-$180k base, and 0.5-1.5% equity. 401k matching.
- We're in-person: We move faster when we work from the same
room. We have offices in Singapore and San Francisco. We're
flexible, but prefer in-person.
- An AI-first approach: We don't simply build AI products; we
augment ourselves with it.Interview process:The whole process takes
less than one day
- Screen: A quick call with one of the founders.
- Technical assessment: You don't have to grind Leetcode for
weeks. We just need to work through a problem together in a call to
understand how you think.
- Culture fit: We'll talk through your background, what drives
you, and share a bit more about our team and culture.
- Food: Grab lunch or dinner with us!
Keywords: Cleric, San Francisco , Founding Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!