Software Engineer (Backend)-Remote
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Software Engineer is needed for a contract opportunity with our
client in the entertainment industry located in California
- 12 months contract role
- Fully Remote
- Pay Rate 58.50/hourly
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship or without
C2C ( Corp to Corp) Responsibilities:
- Work among a dedicated platform level scrum team, building the
future backend infrastructure that powers the client platform. You
will collaborate not only within the scrum team, but work closely
with an international team of client and backend developers.
- Develop scalable and robust services built on top of
- Submit, review, and address proposals submitted by cross team
contributors that'll help shape the overall architecture and
organization of the platform.
- Represent the team in technical forums, present designs, and
share experiences with other Sony software development groups.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness through usage of unit tests
for portions of code delivered
- Ownership of the implementation and delivery of mid-size to
large features. Create required documentation including low-level
design. Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies
to the team.
- Fix bugs and provide support for business and maintenance
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or relevant professional
experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of building, maintaining, and enhancing backend
- Experience developing and utilizing GraphQL in a production
- Foundational knowledge of various cloud solutions offered by
AWS (Redis, DynamoDB, S3, etc.)Desired Qualifications:
- Have experience at a production level running a Federated
- Experience with server optimizations, focusing on architecture
that provides low latency and scalable solutions
- Knowledge of industry-supported metrics capturing and
- Prior work with building and maintaining CI/CD pipeline
- Familiarity with writing and running load testing scripts with
tooling such as K6
- Knowledge of Server Side Rendering app technologies such as
NextJS is a bonus
- Previous experience working within the agile development
methodology and closely collaborating among various teams across an
organizationNote: Any pay ranges displayed are estimations. Actual
pay is determined by an applicant's experience, technical
expertise, and other qualifications as listed in the job
description. All qualified applicants are welcome to apply.Yoh, a
Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
protected veteran.Visit to contact us if you are an individual with
a disability and require accommodation in the application
Keywords: Yoh, San Francisco , Software Engineer (Backend)-Remote, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...