Associate Producer (Japanese) - Mobile Games
Company: Ellation, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Who We Are
We're a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime.
is an international business focused on creating both online and
offline experiences for fans through content (licensed,
co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming,
news, and more. Visit our pages for more information about our
collection of brands.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our
group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences
for our passionate communities.
About the Team
Crunchyroll Games is a new division of Crunchyroll passionate about
bringing the best of anime and anime-look games to Crunchyroll's
global audience. We work with a variety of global and domestic
partners to help publish games to over 100+ countries, and bring
more fans into the anime games ecosystem. Our team is composed of
anime enthusiasts, authorities within gaming, and mash-ups of
keenly intelligent and driven individuals. We are highly
collaborative, and closely with external content providers and
licensors to develop and promote mobile games for the Crunchyroll
The Crunchyroll Games team is growing fast! We are a
cross-functional team of highly-motivated people spanning several
internal departments - from Business to Marketing to Audience
Development to Design. The team works closely with external content
providers and licensors to develop and promote mobile games for the
Crunchyroll community. We deploy a large scale budget against a
wide array of paid marketing channels to drive brand awareness,
conversion, and new users as well as lifecycle communications
crafted to engage, retain, and promote additional value to our
As the Associate Producer (Japanese), this person will handle
frontline communications with development teams for clear messaging
on production and live operations of mobile games. This staff
member will handle the life cycle of launched games as well as
become a control tower for the titles they represent. They will
also be charged with proofreading and approving localized content
as well as communicating with the appropriate parties and vendors
for said translations and keeping up with basic approval processes
for assets and text.
- Developer communication
- Cross functional internal communication with QA, CS, UA,
Marketing, Operations, etc
- Management of production schedules, in game events, notices,
timelines, as well as other various and typical game operations
- Basic oversight of community / social media / customer
- Language Interpretation with external or overseas partners
- Translate and localize in-game text, user interface, and other
game strings as needed.
- Manage quality and schedule of external localization vendors or
by localization coordinators as needed
- Assist in planning localization projects and updating various
localization process documents as projects are received and
- Localize pitch documents and proposals to Asian developers
and/or IP holders
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- Project coordination skills
- 1-2 years' work experience in video game development.
- Understanding of the end-to-end localization process for games
or software products
- Excellent English written, verbal and interpersonal
communication skills with the ability to cultivate productive and
positive relationships with external partners, managers, and
- BA/BS or 2+ years equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of performance metrics, KPI, and basic
- You have hands-on experience with project set-up, assignment,
and tracking for complex projects
- Experience working with game development teams in Asia
- Familiarity with Japanese animation properties and
- Experience working with intellectual properties and approval
- Experience working with 3rd party and foreign developers from
- Experience in localization, preferably as a Project Manager
within the gaming or software industry
Benefits: San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- "Use What You Need" time away from work policy
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying
to our job openings will only be contacted directly from
@crunchyroll.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the
authenticity of a Crunchyroll job offer, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org before giving away any information.
connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories
with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free
ad-supported and subscription premium content, Crunchyroll serves
the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer
products, collectibles and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of
licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple
languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts
- top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
The Crunchyroll app is available on over 15 platforms, including
all gaming consoles.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between
US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a
subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both
subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Our Company Values
You'll see these in action if we're lucky enough to have you:
- Courage - When we overcome fear, we enable our best
- Curiosity - We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy,
inclusion, and understanding.
- Service - We serve our community with humility, enabling joy
and belonging for others.
- Kaizen - We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on
the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Ellation, Inc., San Francisco , Associate Producer (Japanese) - Mobile Games, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!