Software QA Engineer on Network Testing
Company: Tarana Wireless, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Tarana Wireless is looking for a Software QA Engineer on Network
Testing to join the effort in development of our state-of-the-art
wireless broadband devices and systems.
You will be part of the Quality Assurance group and contribute to
the validation of network layer functionalities. You will be
designing and developing test plans for network software, executing
tests, and automating the test cases into Python scripts based on
Key job focus and responsibilities:
- Design, Develop, Execute, and Automate test cases for network
features and functions
- Flexibility and strong communication skills working with local
and remote team members (in India) on a regular basis
- Organized and self-directed: able to execute on high level
direction with minimal oversight
- Passionate and excited about working in a fast moving startup
with lots of exciting projects and opportunities for growth
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BE or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in testing network protocols
- 2+ years experience in Python based script programming
- Clear understanding of L2, L3 and L4 network layers, incl.
switching, Ethernet, VLAN, QinQ, TCP/IP, routing
- Good understanding of network protocols and features, incl.
DHCP, DNS, NAT, QoS, policing, shaping etc
- Experience in network throughput and performance
- Demonstrated experience in automation development and
- Experience in Unix/Linux development environments
- Experience in testing Wireless/CBRS/WiFi devices and management
systems a plus
Since our founding in 2009, we've been on a mission to accelerate
the pace of bringing fast and affordable internet access - and all
the benefits it provides - to the 90% of the world's households who
can't get it. Through a decade of R&D and more than $400M of
investment, we've created an entirely unique next-generation fixed
wireless access technology, powering our first commercial platform,
Gigabit 1 (G1). It delivers a game-changing advance in broadband
economics in both mainstream and underserved markets, using either
licensed or unlicensed spectrum. G1 started production in mid 2021
and has now been installed by over 160 service providers globally.
We're headquartered in Milpitas, California, with additional
research and development in Pune, India.
G1 has been developed by an incredibly talented and pioneering core
technical team. We are looking for more world-class problem solvers
who can carry on our tradition of customer obsession and
ground-breaking innovation. We're well funded, growing incredibly
quickly, maintaining a superb results-focused culture while we're
at it, and all grooving on the positive difference we are making
for people all over the planet. If you want to help make a real
difference in this world, apply now!
Keywords: Tarana Wireless, Inc., San Francisco , Software QA Engineer on Network Testing, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!