Senior Software Engineer, Variant Classification
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic
information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for
billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the
patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the
genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information
affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all
stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we're looking for people who are
passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
What You'll Do
- Help define and build new features or applications based on
technology and business needs
- Write structured, tested, readable and maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and
- Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow
- Owns and delivers projects that include the product or platform
and stakeholder teams
- Identifies and designs novel solutions to ambiguous, open-ended
What You Bring
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Proven experience with full-stack architecture and distributed
- Demonstrated ability with backend or frontend frameworks such
as Python/Django, Java, TypeScript/React, Scala/Play or
- Hands on experience with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL,
etc.). Tuning and query optimization a plus.
- Top-notch interpersonal skills
- A mission-oriented attitude and a desire to never stop
- Preferred: Experience working with distributed teams in a
By joining Invitae, you'll work alongside some of the world's
experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic
medicine. We've created a culture that empowers our teams and our
teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests
and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer
significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and
competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
Please apply even if you don't meet all of the "What you bring"
requirements noted. It's rare that someone checks every single
item, it's ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
#LI - NC2
#LI - REMOTE
Keywords: Invitae, San Francisco , Senior Software Engineer, Variant Classification, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!