Video Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 6, 2022
DIRECTV is looking for a forward-thinking, innovative, and
talented developer to join the Video Systems Engineering team. This
position will work in an agile organization, developing and
supporting the video platforms used to power DIRECTV. This platform
includes many teams supporting the services, data processing, video
processing, and advertising flows that make television work. The
candidate will be working on a high-visibility, fast paced team to
work with other cross-functional business teams to implement high
quality solutions and deliver value to our customers. The
successful candidate will be able to:
- Develop software and systems to meet security, performance,
scalability, reliability, and maintainability requirements.
- Design software with operability, unit testing and integration
testing in mind.
- Be familiar with software development methodologies e.g., Agile
and test-driven development.
- Be familiar with software languages like Python, Go, Java,
- Be familiar with technologies related to cloud-based
infrastructure (e.g., AWS, docker, Kubernetes)
- Develop and implement test plans for approving vendor
- Maintain and support applications in dev-ops model and help
troubleshoot end-to-end workflow.
- Participate in design discussions about new features and
approaches to implementing new services with focus on automation
- Collaborate cross-functionally to analyze, develop, and
implement end-to-end solutions.
- Analyze performance metrics to find trends and come up with
- Clearly and concisely present results and recommendations to
technical as well as business-oriented audiences.
- BSc in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
experience. Experience with the following technologies is also
desirable in the successful candidate:
- Knowledge of C++
- Open-source video encoding and packaging tools (ffmpeg, Shaka,
- Streaming video technologies (HLS, DASH, CMAF)
- Video compression technologies (MPEG, VP9, AV1)
- TCP/UDP networking Other tools (wireshark, tcpdump, Charles
Proxy, Apple s Stream Media Validator ) This position is subject to
the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional
information. Our Specialist-Software Engineers can earn between
$70,100 - $140,200 depending on geographic location. Not to mention
all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers.
From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to
discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a
lot to be excited about around here. This is a remote position that
can be located anywhere in the United States. Ready to join our
team? Apply today!
Job Posting: Jun 29, 2022, 2:15:13 PM
Job Level: Associate/First Level Manager
Keywords: DIRECTV, San Francisco , Video Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!