Senior Software Engineer
Company: BitTorrent, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 6, 2022
We are seeking a few Senior Software Engineers to build our P2P
Streaming Platform. You will join the core live streaming team,
retool the existing p2p live protocol/algorithm to build a
decentralized live streaming product.As the engineer for our live
streaming team, you will...
- Build the decentralized peer to peer live streaming
- Participate in the design and implementation of performant and
resilient distributed applications
- Create or maintain software libraries and programs depended on
by other systems and applications
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including engineering,
design, product, and businessWhat you may gain working here...
- Integration of blockchain technologies into applications
- BitTorrent protocol, at least the basics
- Scaling an application for use by 100 million users
- More than what you already knowYou may be a fit for this role
if you have...
- Experience programming in C++11
- Deep understanding of network protocols (HTTP, TCP, UDP,
HTTPS/SSL, DHT). BitTorrent protocol is desirable.
- Experience with streaming protocols RTSP/RTP
- Experience building peer-to-peer applicationsIt would be
fantastic if you know...
- Familiarity with FFmpeg and transcoding is desirable
- Be able to use at least one well-supported scripting language
in developing test programs.
- Be comfortable with a rapid-iteration style of software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building mobile applications (Android and/or iOS) is
desirable.BitTorrent is an equal opportunity employer and values
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Keywords: BitTorrent, Inc., San Francisco , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!