Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Facebook is seeking Software Engineers in Machine Learning to
join our engineering team. The ideal candidate will have industry
experience working on a range of classification and optimization
problems, e.g. payment fraud, click-through rate prediction,
click-fraud detection, search ranking, text/sentiment
classification, collaborative filtering/recommendation, or spam
detection. The position will involve taking these skills and
applying them to some of the most exciting and massive social data
and prediction problems that exist on the web.
Software Engineer, Machine Learning Responsibilities:
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging
machine learning, data regression, and rules based models.
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create
effective feature roadmap.
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team.
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern
parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP,
- 6+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data
mining, artificial intelligence, software engineering, or a
relevant field, or 4+ years of experience if you have a PhD.
- Proven experience to translate insights into business
- Knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++ and Java, or
experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and
- Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Meta, San Francisco , Software Engineer, Machine Learning, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!