Senior Software Development Engineer (Remote / C/C++, Python, Golang, Docker, Kubernetes)
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who we are
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team at Cisco drives the
technology that's transforming the way IT departments secure their
networks, and more meaningfully, their users.
As a software development engineer, you will be a key member of a
network engineering VPN team responsible for the design,
development, and operation of a highly available global cloud-based
VPN service at scale. This is a small team that does big things. We
operate in dozens of data centers globally and are constantly
expanding to offer greater services and more optimally deliver
solutions to our customers.
Who You'll Work With
This full stack engineering team is a mix of engineers who have
come from network, systems, and software engineering roles and
We work closely with other Cisco Security product engineering teams
developing customer facing security services, and with the Cloud
Infrastructure Engineering teams building core Internet
infrastructure and distributed systems to help deliver the services
globally more optimally and efficiently at scale.
The team invests heavily on continual improvement in automation and
optimization. Everything needs to scale horizontally and
autonomously with stability, resiliency at a high performance with
the flexibility to adapt. We take phenomenal pride in building and
operating one of the most hyper-connected and highly optimized
global anycast networks in the world.
- You have 7 or more years of relevant work experience.
- You enjoy working in a multi-functional team that owns the
entire stack, thrive in an agile environment and happy to
teach/learn from your teammates.
- You enjoy solving problems at scale and working on services
used by millions of customers every day from around the world.
- You are interested in coming up with innovative solutions for
complicated problems, and enthusiastic about finding ways to do
- You know your way around Linux, built or deployed applications
using cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Docker) and able to diagnose
complex systems and applications.
- You enjoy coding in a variety of languages (C, Python,
Golang...) to build applications , implement automation,
integration and/or optimization features and functionality.
- You have DevOps experience, understand CI/CD and how to build
cloud-based services at scale, and enthusiastic about
- You have good foundational knowledge in networking and are
familiar with various VPN technologies and protocols
Some of the things you will work on
- Design, build and operate highly available, global cloud-based
VPN service at scale
- Develop solutions for networking and orchestration problems
with availability, scale and latency in mind
- Collaborate with software and infrastructure engineering teams
to design solutions to enable them
- Learn the ins and outs of supporting a platform running
- Design, build and improve CI/CD pipelines
- Fine-tune configuration and improve the performance of a
variety of systems alongside with your team members
- Clear verbal and written communications
- Very strong Linux experience
- 7+ years of software development and coding with languages such
as C/C++, Python, Golang
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins or
- Experience working with modern configuration management tools
such as Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience with VPN related protocols (IPSec, IKE, AH, ESP, SSL
- Experience and strong knowledge of networking fundamentals (OSI
model, routing, switching, firewalls, TCP/IP, UDP)
- Cloud operations experience with a SaaS product in a large
scale 24x7 production environment.
- Experience and understanding of containerized production
deployments. (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with AWS technologies such as EC2, S3, Lambda,
- Knowledge of Virtual Machines, Hypervisor technology and
virtualized networking (e.g. KVM, OpenStack, VXLAN, vSwitch, DPDK,
- Strong Software Development experience in Golang, C or
- Test-Driven Software Development
Our interview process:
We understand. Job searching can be challenging, and an interview
process can seem intimidating. Rest assured that our process is
fairly straightforward and we aim to be as transparent as possible
with it. The process is as follows:30 minute call with
30-60 minute call with the hiring manager
4 hours of interviews with the team on-site or remotely
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We
innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies
that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals.
And we do it in style with unique personalities who arent afraid to
change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we
even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the
creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers
and we are doers.
We Are Cisco
Keywords: Cisco, San Francisco , Senior Software Development Engineer (Remote / C/C++, Python, Golang, Docker, Kubernetes), IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!