Senior Software Engineer, Back-End (Remote)
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are building software & platforms to make supply chains more
economically and environmentally sustainable.
As an engineer at VORTO you will define the next generation of
commerce. You'll work with with shippers on sophisticated supply
chain automation software, and with drivers on a one-of-a-kind
trucking platform to increase the earnings of the nation's largest
Our Tech Stack
We use modern technologies like: Google Cloud Platform, GoLang,
GRPC, Kubernetes, Tensorflow, PostgreSQL, Typescript (Angular),
Swift (iOS), and Kotlin (Android).
- Deeply learn our business to successfully take ownership of
features from idea to production
- Rapidly design, build and maintain APIs, services, and
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of
- Follow best practices to write high-quality, secure,
maintainable, scalable, testable, and efficient code
Examples of Projects We've Tackled in the Past
- A payments product tailored to the unique needs of small and
medium sized carriers
- An asset tracking system used to monitor thousands of trucks
and trailers across the US - and automatically dispatch recovery
teams if lost
- A ML tool to extract data from documents of various formats
specific to our industry
- A booking engine used to assign drivers based on forecasted
Here are some qualifications we look for:
- 5 years minimum hands-on experience developing production web
- 5 years experience with SQL / Postgres
- 2 years minimum of GoLang experience
- Desire to understand the business context for the solutions you
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with
The following are pluses, but not strictly required for this
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with GRPC
At VORTO we are committed to developing our employees and providing
them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers.
We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post
to learn more about our culture.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous
additional perks including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Company paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Relocation offered when applicable
VORTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties,
responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.
Keywords: Vorto, San Francisco , Senior Software Engineer, Back-End (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!