Company: Alkahest, Inc.
Location: San Carlos
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Alkahest is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company
developing novel therapeutics to target diseases of aging,
including ophthalmic and neurologic diseases. We are seeking an
energetic and passionate candidate to join our IT team. You should
have a background working in the pharma/biotech industry, and
experience in supporting Informatics environments. This position
will support Linux systems, Networking Configurations, AWS, VMWare,
JupyterHub, RStudio, Python and SAS environmentsResponsibilities
include, but not limited to:
- Build, install, configure, analyze, tune, and troubleshoot
operating system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Partner with the Informatics team to help develop / deploy key
infrastructure both on AWS and on-premises environments
- Manage hardware, software, and utilities for installation,
modification, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrades of
operating systems and workstation environments.
- Monitor and analyze resource usage to recommend/develop
enhancements to system capabilities and performance.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new technologies, and
integrate systems into the computing environment.
- Document systems infrastructure for users, support and
consulting personnel, and developers. Train personnel who provide
support and consulting services to users.
- Work with consulting team on major infrastructure initiatives
- S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years systems engineering experience, preferably in
the pharma/biotech industry
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system
administration systems, such as Linux and VMware products
- Experience with AWS environments
- Worked with Informatics environments
- Experience in multiple programming languages for system
development such as Python and SAS
- Experience with networked environments such as ability to use
the route command, administer remote access service, query
different DNS records, configure network-wide filesystem.
- Familiarity with principles of Cyber Security hygiene and
practice of system hardening and monitoring.
- Ability to manage shared resources and perform moderately
complex tasks. Ability to work well independently and as a team
- Experience supporting software development workflows - Ticket
tracking (JIRA) and source control (GIT - Bitbucket)
- Experience with open-source softwareApplicants and new hires
are subject to the Company's Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
Keywords: Alkahest, Inc., San Francisco , System Administrator/Informatics, IT / Software / Systems , San Carlos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!