Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 10, 2021
BackerKit enables thousands of creators worldwide to focus on
doing what they love. Our software is the premier platform for
backer management, empowering project creators to manage their
creative endeavors with confidence. We're hiring a software
developer to join our five-person engineering team! BackerKit is
remote-friendly until the end of 2021, after which we expect to
have some regular in-person time in our San Francisco office. We're
a fast-growing startup with a diverse, close-knit team that prizes
creativity, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn. As an
engineering team, we work iteratively and we purposely avoid
thinking too far into the future when deciding what to build.
BackerKit has grown by listening to our customers and building what
makes sense. The founders are a developer/designer duo who met
while working on Diaspora, the first highly successful crowdfunded
open source software project. Our commitment to helping creative
people be creative starts with them and drives us every day.
- You enjoy the feeling of accomplishment that comes with
deploying code just as much as you appreciate a tough technical
- One of your goals as a developer is to teach your skill set to
others. You've spent a lot of time honing your skills, now it's
time to give back to less experienced team members and get them
performing up to their potential.
- You love to pair, or are open to it. We pair close to 100% of
the time. We use this time to teach, learn, and to get things done.
You're comfortable with managing these sessions and ensuring
everyone is getting the most out of them.
- You're excited about Ruby on Rails! We believe (for now) in The
Majestic Monolith and we value solving problems for our customers
over trying out new technologies in production. What working at
BackerKit will look like:
- You'll pair program with all the members of the development
team from 9am-5pm Pacific time, Monday through Friday. We spend our
pairing time very focused on coding, so we make sure to take
frequent breaks throughout the day and a full hour for lunch.
- You will be working on strategic integration with other
platforms and providers, as well as creating new tools and products
that build on our existing successes.
- You'll be developing products that help to unblock creators and
make things possible for them, as well as integrating lessons
learned from observing what creators are doing out on their
- You'll be expected to work at a sustainable pace; no long hours
or weekends here!--
- You will provide product input. We are a small team that moves
fast, so it is important that you speak your mind and give feedback
on how we can make things better/faster/stronger.
- You will help the team release early and often. We deploy at
least once a day, frequently more often than that. Skills and
experience we'd like you to possess:
- You've spent a decent amount of time (2-4+ years) working on a
- You are great at communicating. You can easily verbalize
problems and ideas with the team, are excited about leveling up the
people around you, and enjoy sharing success with your
- You are open to receiving feedback, and can give constructive
criticism to others so they can improve.
- You are willing to go outside of your comfort zone to try new
things and good at failing quickly and learning from it
- You are conscious of your current level of productivity and
happiness, and make continual changes to grow.
- You have a product engineering mindset: you are happy to ship
the simplest thing that works, while nudging the technical
direction over time as needs evolve and we learn more about how a
feature is used.-- Benefits of working at BackerKit
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- Stipends for supporting creators of your choosing
- Medical, dental, vision, commuter, and 401k benefits (with
- Family-friendly and focused on maintaining a healthy work/life
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
- Annual Learning and Development stipend to support your
professional growth Location Requirements
- We will be working remotely until at least the end of 2021, but
then we expect that there will be some in-person requirement at our
San Francisco office, specific details TBD.
- We're currently only considering candidates who reside in the
following US states: CA, CO, VA, FL, UT, RI We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. We here at BackerKit will always
respect pronouns and identities when addressing candidates who feel
comfortable sharing theirs. BackerKit is committed to a culture of
inclusion and belonging. We believe that crowdfunding is for
everyone, and strive to build a company that reflects the diverse
backgrounds of the creators we currently serve and hope to serve in
Keywords: BackerKit, San Francisco , Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!