Software Engineer, Frontend - Borrower Core
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Software Engineer, Frontend - Borrower Core Blend makes the
process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its
digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions
including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and
deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes
nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers
gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives. The
Borrower Core team builds the experience that all borrowers using
the Blend platform go through. We are looking for an engineer to
help make sure that users have a seamless, trust-inducing
experience regardless of their accessibility needs, demographic, or
device (the application is fully responsive, and we see around 35%
mobile usage). You'll own the borrower-facing experience
top-to-bottom, and while the work is weighted toward the frontend,
many features include backend components as well. We write frontend
features with React in ES6/Typescript. We find that type checking
helps us catch errors earlier, test better, and ultimately ship
quicker and with higher quality. Because our app is white-labeled
(think dynamic styling), we use Aphrodite (CSS-in-JS) for all of
our styling. Our team also builds and owns its own deployment
infrastructure and application serving pipeline. That way we can
ship whenever we need to and have full control over making the
delivery pipeline as quick and seamless as possible. On the
backend, we write Node.js/Express in ES6/Typescript, and sometimes
Go. How you'll contribute:
- You'll help to lead architectural decisions to support
immediate and future product and platform needs.
- You'll mentor and grow other team members through regular 1:1s,
code reviews, and design reviews.
- You'll collaborate with product managers, designers, and other
engineers to build new features or revamp existing features.
- You'll bring your experience to bear to help to improve the
processes and patterns of the team. Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience building high-quality
- You understand accessibility (a11y) best practices.
- You've worked in a modern product development organization and
can effectively collaborate with product and design to guide
complex projects to successful outcomes. Bonus Points!
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience building enterprise software.
- Experience building a UI platform. Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k)--plan
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation--policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal--leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible
commuter--options Blend is an equal opportunity employer that
values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status disability status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment
all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a
manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Blend, San Francisco , Software Engineer, Frontend - Borrower Core, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!