Platform Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software
and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the
integration of new applications. Documents all development
activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has
in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline.
Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for
colleagues with less experience.Job DescriptionCore
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs new software and web applications, supports
applications under development and customizes current applications.
Assists with the software update process for existing applications
and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff
on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical
requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test
results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the
solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications
fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies,
concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, process
design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural,
design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Provide support for REST-api-based client applications.
- Incorporate and refine build, deployment, and platform
- Maintain a consistent focus on availability and
- Software development experience with Java services and the
- Familiarity with AWS cloud-based architecture containers,
caching, notifications, streams, serverless.
- Experience with both Relational and Document Databases. Strong
iterative development and testing skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to come together and collaborate as well as
self-motivate and work independently.
- Proactive, inquisitive, and looking for a challenge, with the
desire to grow as a professional.Employees at all levels are
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience5-7
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: .net, algorithm, c#, develop, developer, devops, java, sde,
sdet, software developer
Keywords: Comcast, San Francisco , Platform Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!