Service Desk Executive Support and Technical Lead
Company: Business Wire
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Service Desk Executive Support and Technical Lead Business Wire,
a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press
release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission
to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and
that's just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on
us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host
online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate
social engagements that continuously develop interactions with
their target audience. About The Team The Infrastructure team is
committed to creating an inspiring and rewarding place to build out
and support the technology infrastructure for all of the people who
deliver Business Wire's amazing client experience - from our
newsroom team, to marketing, to tech talent to media relations. We
pride ourselves on creating a fulfilling and collaborative
environment where we solve big problems together. We're looking for
smart, passionate, creative and innovative people to join our team!
About The Role Reporting to the Manager of Service Desk, the
Service Desk Executive Support and Technical Lead is the initial
point-of-contact for Executive team related needs, and responds and
communicates issues promptly regarding any assigned tasks,
executing them with top-notch quality. This person is a great
communicator with especially strong interpersonal communication
skills in both remote and onsite settings. This role requires a
flexible schedule and high availability, supporting an on-call
schedule with the occasional need to work with and support team
members in our offices globally. This is a salaried/exempt
position.-- What You'll Do
- Provide a world-class onsite and remote IT Service Desk Support
experience for Business Wire team members.
- Provide technical guidance and leverage best practices to
refine and improve processes and procedures.
- Ensure that exceptionally high customer service standards are
met with great focus on the team member support experience. Promote
knowledge sharing and learning amongst the team.
- Host weekly training sessions for the team.
- Take point as lead service desk responder during severity
incidents,--collaborating with multiple teams to communicate
technical issues in a clear and simple format to large
- Provide guidance for technical projects within the Service Desk
team, research and provide informed and experienced input for
future tools and technology initiatives.
- Coordinate and lead company all-hands meetings from a technical
perspective ensuring a seamless and professional meeting delivery
- Collaborate with the Corp IT Systems and InfoSec teams to
implement advanced features, functionality and the continued
buildout of Business Wire MDM and IAM platforms. Leverage system
tools such as SCCM, JAMF, and Office 365 to manage and secure
Business Wire endpoints.
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Operating Systems, Dell hardware,--Apple
OS and MacBook laptops, Office365, mail routing, and secure virus
and malware remediation steps.
- Collaborate with internal teams to improve onboarding and
offboarding processes, and host onboarding sessions.
- Lead process development for inventory management and endpoint
- Support identity management tools and collaborate with Corp
Systems Team for IAM projects and initiatives.
- Support advanced conferencing hardware and collaboration
technologies. What You'll Need
- 5+ years of hands-on systems support in a high-availability,
24x7 Windows environment,--preferably in a VIP Support or Technical
- Advanced knowledge and experience supporting: Office 365,
Active Directory, SCCM, JAMF, Slack, Barracuda, Zoom, Ring Central,
remote connectivity,--and other collaboration tools.
- Experience in automation technologies and concepts,--with an
inquisitive mindset for creative solutions.
- Excellent time management, communication, and organizational
- A positive attitude with drive and focus to provide an
excellent support experience.
- Microsoft, CompTIA, and A+ certifications are a plus. Business
Wire will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization
for this position. Local candidates preferred. Relocation
assistance is not provided. Business Wire is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state
laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire
will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records.
Keywords: Business Wire, San Francisco , Service Desk Executive Support and Technical Lead, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!