Product Design Manager - Business Process & Technology
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 15, 2021
The Business Technology & Process (BP&T) team builds
products, tools and infrastructure to support every single person
selling ads or supporting customers at FB. We are the backbone of
the business, and our goal is to be the growth driver for the
company. We optimize for the long-term success of our partners and
customers. We're seeking a Product Design Manager to help us shape
these innovative products, tools, platforms and infrastructure to
create the very best experience for our users. In this role, you'll
be working together with your counterparts in Product Marketing,
Technical Program Management, Engineering, and Data Analytics to
define the strategy and vision that guide the team to build great
products addressing real user needs. You must have proven mentoring
and communication skills, the ability to help shape product
strategy, and the willingness to roll up your sleeves and build
your own designs when necessary. This role combines growing and
managing a team with hands-on design.
- Shape product direction & strategy while also managing the
growth and success of a talented team of designers.
- Set clear goals, manage project loads and allocate designers
accordingly. Ensure deadlines are met and set team members up for
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high
bar of quality. Establish a strong, collaborative design practice
with a healthy feedback culture.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product marketing,
technical program management, engineering, data analytics, and
other cross-functional teams to establish
product/tooling/infrastructure vision, build consensus on
priorities, and drive sound execution.
- Over time, recruit new members of the team and actively
participate in the hiring process.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment. Roll up
your sleeves and contribute as an individual contributor designer
- Translate strategic goals of the organization into design
opportunities. Communicate with data to drive change.
- Strategically assess new big bets, including vision & strategic
planning for the BP&T product roadmap. Navigate highly
ambiguous or emergent problems.
- 8+ years of experience in Product Design.
- Experience working collaboratively with engineering, design and
other cross-functional product teams.
- 3+ years of management experience with direct reports under
your guidance and leadership.
- Senior people management, team development, and recruiting
experience. Experience providing clear feedback and guidance to
team members from high-level product strategy to detailed
interaction and visual design.
- Proven track record of shaping design strategy and shipping
- Communicator who knows how to influence stakeholders throughout
the design journey.
- Experience interpreting data and leveraging it to drive change.
- Experience with a range of design tools. Familiarity with Figma
or desire to learn
- Experience embedded or aligned deeply with an engineering team
and collaboration with user research and content
strategy/designFacebook's mission is to give people the power to
build community and bring the world closer together. Through our
family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of
company that connects billions of people around the world, gives
them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring
people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or
helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are
builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating,
solving problems, and working together to empower people around the
world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together,
we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting
started.Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Facebook, San Francisco , Product Design Manager - Business Process & Technology, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!