Mobile Software Engineer (iOS)
Company: Dropbox, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: October 19, 2020
DROPBOX IS NOW A VIRTUAL FIRST COMPANY, WHICH MEANS WORK OUTSIDE OF
AN OFFICE WILL BE THE PRIMARY EXPERIENCE FOR ALL EMPLOYEES. THE
LOCATION LISTED ON THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS SIMPLY SO OUR JOBS GET
PICKED UP BY JOB BOARDS AS THEY REQUIRE A SPECIFIC LOCATION. BEING
VIRTUAL FIRST MEANS, LOCATION IS FLEXIBLE, SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO
APPLY TO ANY POSITION REGARDLESS OF THE LOCATION LISTED. FINAL
LOCATION WILL BE DETERMINED, BY TEAMS AND INDIVIDUALS AS THE HIRING
Dropbox is the world s first smart workspace that helps people and
teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million
registered users across 180 countries, we re on a mission to design
a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San
Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work
together. They re building a family of products that handle over a
billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad
mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to
make an impact.
Our Mobile team builds products and features that drive the core
experience on the Dropbox mobile application. We enable users to
easily manage their content, collaborate with their peers and work
effortlessly with others. This position will play a key role in
building and supporting mobile features. In this role there will be
opportunity to work across different development stacks and
influence product decisions.
* Build intuitive features to improve the experience for mobile
* Improve the mobile codebase by working on foundational issues and
helping to rearchitect, as necessary.
* Work with your team to promote best practices and ensure a high
quality bar is maintained.
* Collaborate with product managers, designers and other groups to
design thoughtful new features.
* BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related
technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or
equivalent technical experience
* 3+ years of professional software development experience
* Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals in developing
* Experience working with large native code bases with significant
* A passion for building consumer applications with elegant and
* Experience developing, testing, shipping and supporting a product
for hundreds of thousands of users is a plus
* Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with
BENEFITS AND PERKS
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place
for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel
supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our
support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at
Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at
Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas)
and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Keywords: Dropbox, Inc., San Francisco , Mobile Software Engineer (iOS), IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!