AppD Software Engineer, Core Java
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Cisco AppDynamics is the leading and fastest-growing application
performance monitoring solution on the market. With the paradigm
shifts to horizontally distributed and service-oriented
architectures, cloud hosting, and agile deployment, managing
large-scale applications is more complex than ever. The innovative
Cisco AppDynamics technology greatly simplifies this task, while
providing the critical insight customers need to analyze the
performance and user experience of their applications and connect
them to specific business outcomes.
You are the kind of engineer that loves solving hard software
design problems and are comfortable rolling up your sleeves. You
- 5+ years of experience preferred. (Bachelor's degree in CS or
related course preferred).
- Significant experience working with Core Java.
- Sound knowledge of everyday/fundamental data structures,
algorithms, and other computer science basics.
- High level of familiarity with Java frameworks, OOAD, REST, and
common design patterns.
- Prior experience building application infrastructure software
is a definite advantage.
- Comfortable with Unix/Linux OS to develop, deploy and maintain
- Experience with analyzing, optimizing and writing low-latency
parallel and concurrent code.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one distributed system and/or
- Experience building software for both Cloud (AWS) and
Breadth of knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of how a JVM or similar managed environment works
internally as well as ability to tune and debug complex programs is
a definite plus.
- Appreciation of computer architecture fundamentals in order to
design and write high-quality software.
- General awareness of the theory behind distributed systems will
be highly regarded.
- Experience with VM and/or container technologies is a plus.
Attitude and working style:
- Passionate about producing the best-quality software and
sharing your enthusiasm.
- Prior open source contributions are a plus.
- Comfortable working with other engineers, reviewing code,
collaborating on design while following a lightweight Scrum
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Operations teams to
deliver and deploy reliable software on time.
About the Role
The team's objective is to simplify and unify our customers'
experience around the installation, configuration, and management
of scores of language- and environment-specific agents that Cisco
AppDynamics has on the market today. We are building a system to
eliminate the friction of handling the lifecycle of monitoring
agents, from downloads to process instrumentation to upgrades,
across virtually all of our customers' deployments.
You will be primarily responsible for the backend component of the
solution, which is built as a RESTful Java microservice on top of
the Dropwizard framework. We will rely on you to mature the service
in terms of scalability, robustness, resilience, and security by
adhering to the industry's leading design and development practices
and providing technical guidance in building new features.
We know that the award-winning culture at Cisco AppDynamics is
something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you
excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
o Medical, dental, vision coverage
o 401k match (4.5%)
o Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts,
o 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO
and 1 floating holiday)
o Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
o Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits
and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and
o Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco,
centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a
o Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Cisco AppDynamics does
not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward
unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Cisco
AppDynamics employee. Cisco AppDynamics will not pay fees to any
third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any
agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited
resumes received will be considered the property of Cisco
Cisco AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers
all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful
factor. Cisco AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws,
including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants
with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use
this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Cisco AppDynamics
participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: AppDynamics, San Francisco , AppD Software Engineer, Core Java, IT / Software / Systems , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!