HR Business Partner - Investments
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 21, 2019
DescriptionAbout this role
The BlackRock Human Resources team strives to transform the human
resources function in the same way we are transforming access to
financial well-being. We are students of the market and technology
that are passionate about finding, growing and retaining the best
talent to help deliver on the firms purpose to help more people
build a strong financial future.
Our HR Business Partners live our values, understand how our
culture comes to life, and possess a deep knowledge of the business
and delivery of all HR services to internal client groups to drive
outstanding performance. You will learn the investments business
and culture inside and out so that you are able to provide
strategic HR partnership to the business leaders and the teams you
support to enhance their growth and impact. The role will work
closely with senior management in investments groups on high-impact
engagement activities, with a heavy focus on employee experience
and inclusion-related initiatives.
The ideal candidate has a passion for solving complex challenges
and gets excited about driving innovation through technology to
address talent priorities. You will work on key initiatives and
projects in areas such as organizational design, employee
relations, culture, diversity, and leadership development, as well
as facilitating the annual talent management processes as part of a
global investments business partner team. This is a great
opportunity to be a true owner in a fast-paced, growing,
environment, helping people to successfully join and then thrive in
our unique purpose driven culture.
Well trust you to:
- Play a role in the design and execution of workforce plans and
organizational development strategies, in support of our business
strategy and operational objectives.
- Provide advice and guidance on performance management including
leadership development, accelerated development, succession
planning, coaching talent reviews, and terminations.
- Support the business with organizational change and development
as necessary, influencing leaders to address complex organizational
design issues where required for business success.
- Partner with senior leadership and recruiting to develop hiring
plans that support business objectives and advance the business and
- Advance diversity and inclusion efforts for the business.
- Partner effectively with the Investments HR Business Partner
team based in San Francisco, Princeton, New York, Asia and
Your clients/colleagues will depend on you to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the vision, purpose and
strategy of the business and design and implement a relevant and
- Establish an effective partnership with business leaders as a
tenured business partner capable across key talent decisions,
providing advice and expertise, tailored for specific business
- Drive informed decision making by using data to identify
trends; work with business leaders to determine root cause of
issues and develop organizational effective solutions.
- Understand and take an influencing role in the application of
the Firms Reward Philosophy through proactive consultation with the
client and partnership with the compensation team to drive a
- Effectively leverage the wider HR function and specifically
partner with other Business Partners, ER, Talent Acquisition and
the Talent Team to execute business priorities and solutions
You need to have:
- Ideally approximately 7+ years of HR business partner, talent
or generalist experience, ideally working in a high paced
- Ability to use HR reporting & analytics in generating insights
and presenting findings back to the business, as well as tracking
and disseminating key HR data.
- Demonstrated experience building strong, effective and trusted
relationships and networks.
- Ability to execute firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence
in a fast paced, global corporate environment; commitment to
innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence and
articulate a variety of issues to different audiences, tailoring
- Ability to work effectively across multiple geographies and
Wed love to see:
- Demonstrated ability to inspire trust and openness amongst
colleagues and clients together with a reputation for high personal
- Expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Facilitation skills, including fostering creativity in solution
- A highly motivated, energizing attitude that inspires others to
seek higher levels of performance.
BlackRocks purpose is to help more and more people experience
financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading
provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the
solutions they need when planning for their most important goals.
As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion
in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional
information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate
- Twitter: @blackrock - Blog: www.blackrockblog.com - LinkedIn:
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other
statuses protected by law.We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay,
and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical
conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex
stereotyping (including assumptions about a persons appearance or
behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity),
gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age,
mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital
status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by
applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to
include both the actual status and also any perceptions and
assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider
for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction
records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law,
including any applicable fair chance law.
Keywords: BlackRock, San Francisco , HR Business Partner - Investments, Human Resources , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!