HR Business Partner - (Pleasanton, CA)
Company: Presidio Inc.
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused
on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create
agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers.
We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle
model of professional, managed, and support services including
strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time
to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them
harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize
their environments today while enabling future applications, user
experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve
approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government
organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately
2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical
engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a
unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a
$2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about
driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality
of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by
affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo
Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
We are seeking a dynamic Human Resource Business Partner that can
support a unique and innovative team-based culture that promotes
professional and personal development. As a key member of our
strategic HR team, you will contribute to our success by ensuring
business practices are aligned with Human Resources strategies, and
by providing a high level of Human Resources support to members
throughout the organization. Your role would be to nurture,
develop, and grow our greatest asset--our people. Using your human
resources experience and knowledge of our business, you'll help
guide your clients through all people-related matters as they
navigate challenges and embrace opportunities. You'll also help
your clients be better leaders by supporting them in coaching,
providing feedback, and managing performance. You will play a key
role in creating a work environment where everyone can thrive.
* Strategically partners with management and employees to ensure
alignment, approach, and effective workforce planning.
* Communicates and easily explains various HR policies, procedures,
standards and government regulations.
* Objectively coaches management and employees through complex,
difficult, and sensitive issues.
* Makes recommendations to effectively resolve employee relations
issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards,
practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
* Ensures employee data accuracy in our HCM, UltiPro.
* Works with the other Centers of Excellence within HR to manage
the full employee life cycle.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Understands the business and corporate processes to ensure the
alignment between HR strategy and the business strategy
* Designs and applies change management and organizational
development strategies, and influences and assists organizational
change initiatives in support of business strategies
* Ensures that HR services are provided as appropriate to internal
client needs, identifies new opportunities where HR can add value,
and maintains leading-edge knowledge of HR issues
* Understands employee opinions, monitors the effect of business
decisions on people, and advises senior management on addressing
* Effectively applies performance management to create a
* Understands, communicates, and applies the business strategy
* Applies employee relations and employment practices in order to
create a positive, ethical, effective work environment
* Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to develop clear, actionable steps from overall
* Customer service orientation and project management skills
* Team player and "best athlete" mentality
* Knowledge of employment law and state pay laws.
* Ability to travel 20% within the regional area to local
* Bachelor's degree preferred or related experience.
* At least 5 years of relative HR experience in a HR Employee
Relations role and a proven ability to provide strategic HR
* Proven ability to align business goals to HR strategy
* Must be able to partner with colleagues to influence broader HR
strategies and practices for the benefit of Presidio, not just your
region of focus
* Exceptional judgment, unflawed ethical compass, demonstrated
ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing
alternative solutions in a fast paced environment
* Creative thinker/problem solver, able to manage multiple
* Success with working collaboratively and developing strong,
positive working relationships across a matrix organization
* PHR, SPHR, and/or SHRM Certification an added plus but not
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed,
religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity,
veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local
statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under
federal law, please visit:
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an
accommodation in the job application process due to a disability,
please send an email to email@example.com for
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority
referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment
Services; please provide priority referrals to
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in
place and will only accept applications from agencies/business
partners that have been invited to work on this role through the
Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the
Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be
considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will
be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
#LI-KF1 Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
Keywords: Presidio Inc., San Francisco , HR Business Partner - (Pleasanton, CA), Human Resources , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!