Senior Manager, Global Compensation & Total Rewards
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: September 15, 2018
At YapStone, we approach payments with the same startup mentality that we had when we launched our first payment solution in 1999. We are now focused on combining our entrepreneurial spirit with two decades of deep vertical expertise to serve leading global marketplaces and software companies with premier end-to-end payment solutions. YapStone is continually searching for passionate thinkers to join us in changing the way the world pays and how it gets paid. YapStone is looking for a hands-on, results oriented Manager of Global Compensation & Total Rewards to lead our worldwide compensation & rewards programs from a pre-IPO to a public company. To be a YapSter leading our compensation & rewards philosophies is an exciting opportunity for the right person who wants to get results and influence the culture of an innovative FinTech company. Job Responsibilities:
- Create and drive YapStone's global compensation programs and principles on cash, bonus, sales, executive and equity compensation, in line with developing and implementing our Total Rewards philosophy.
- Design and lead our compensation processes and ensure excellent execution and delivery globally
- Leverage your expertise in the design of equity plans and modeling in order to actively customize our compensation strategy to YapStone's stage of development (pre-IPO to public)
- Ability to analyze datasets using traditional statistical methods and formulate recommendations to shape YapStone's compensation programs.
- Contribute to and implement YapStone's rewards philosophy and strategy in compensation related decisions and processes.
- Develop pre/post IPO compensation practices to help attract and retain talent
- Partner with key HR stakeholders, managers, business leaders, and the executive team on compensation matters.
- Partner closely with the recruiting organization to ensure sound, compelling and attractive offers are extended to secure the necessary talent to scale us to our projected growth in this challenging market.
- Lead the selection of and participation in salary surveys as well as research for additional sources of quality market data.
- Conduct manager and employee compensation program trainings
- Selecting, building, and maintaining internal compensation systems, partnering with HR Operations teams to integrate with BambooHR.
- Be very data driven and stand for objectivity, independent decision taking, utmost credibility, and trustworthiness. Skills & Abilities:
- 5-7 years of work experience in developing and managing global compensation programs and processes for both public and private companies, preferably in a high-growth, scaling, technology environment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, managing and scaling global compensation teams.
- A strong understanding of compensation best practices, current compensation trends, and market benchmark data; ideally across US & Europe, expanding into LatAm and APAC.
- Strong understanding of HR Information Systems
- Proven analytical skills, keen eye for detail, and have truly in-depth knowledge of Excel including building and maintaining complex models.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong consultative skills and the ability to build solid relationships with the managers and HR team.
- Experience communicating effectively across teams, including translating quantitative insights to non-quantitative audiences.
- The ability to communicate across diverse groups and geographies with clear, approachable, and friendly style.
- A deep commitment to excellent customer service, empathy, and discretion.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills Changing how the world pays is a mission that inspires us daily. It gets us up in the morning and keeps us up at night. And just in case we need an extra dose of inspiration during the day, our team can take in the views from our Santa Monica office or refuel at the Yap Caf-- in our Walnut Creek office. From comprehensive health insurance choices, 401(k) matching and weekly socials to gym memberships, you'll find plenty of benefits and perks that reflect our appreciation for all of the thinking and doing that goes on at YapStone. About YapStone YapStone is a provider of online and mobile payment solutions for global marketplaces, software, and large vertical markets, powering electronic payments for sharing economy marketplaces, such as HomeAway-- and VRBO--, and thousands of apartment and vacation rental companies, homeowners' associations, self-storage companies, and many other markets. YapStone processes $20B in payment volume annually and has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies for ten consecutive years, as well as San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Company to Work for by the National Association for Business Resources. The company has raised over $120 million from investors including Premji Invest, Accel Partners, Meritech Capital and MasterCard. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, YapStone has additional offices in Santa Monica, California and Ireland. YapStone is an equal opportunities employer. Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this page
Keywords: YapStone, San Francisco , Senior Manager, Global Compensation & Total Rewards, Human Resources , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!