Human Resources Director Complex
Company: Highgate Hotels L.P.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Should you require assistance with applying online please visit
Application FAQs . Highgate is a leading real estate investment and
hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in
the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . LocationLocated atop
San Francisco's famed Nob Hill at the corner of California and
Powell streets, Stanford Court hotel is steps from the city's best
dining, shopping, entertainment and cultural attractions. The hotel
features 393 well-appointed rooms and suites, offering comfortable
accommodations for leisure and business travelers in a prime
location. With a storied history dating back nearly 140 years,
Stanford Court sits on the historic site of renowned "Big 4"
railroad mogul, university founder, and U.S. senator Leland
Stanford's elaborate private mansion. Leland Stanford was at the
forefront of innovation in his era, and today's Stanford Court
hotel pays homage to his legacy by representing the new frontier of
innovation for the 21st century.Overview The Complex Director of
Human Resources is responsible for staffing qualified personnel;
ensuring employment statute compliance; overseeing all aspects of
wage, benefit, worker's compensation unemployment; training program
direction, implementation and administration; and employee
relations coaching, counseling and discipline. Responsibilities
- Direct and supervise Human Resources staff.
- Prepare and maintain Human Resources budget.
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge of all Human
Resources/employee regulations and laws, and ensure that the
property is in compliance.
- Participate in EEO, Unemployment, Wage & Hour, Worker's
Compensation, OSHA, ADA, Immigration and Naturalization Service
hearings. Implement policies and programs to guarantee
- Communicate new policies, information, and directives to all
- Instruct staff in interpretation of HR policies and
- Ensure staffs compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment, screening and reference
checking of all non-exempt personnel.
- Recruit, interview and recommend all exempt personnel.
- Maintain employee benefits programs.
- Set up, approve, and maintain all wage and salary programs,
including performance evaluations.
- Recommend and/or approve all employee transitions, i.e. new
hire, transfer, promotion, etc.
- Monitor and analyze turnover statistics.
- Conduct training classes.
- Update and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Participate in and monitor safety committee in compliance with
Loss Prevention SOP's.
- Ensure compliance with all HR related Loss Prevention
- Establish and maintain safety incentive program.
- Become a certified trainer in all current HR training
- Participate in and monitor effectiveness of Highgate Hotel
- Maintain Heroes of Hospitality (Employee of Month/Year)
- Practice positive employee relations, including coaching,
counseling & discipline.
- Develop and maintain "no cost" benefit programs.
- Monitor Service Standards by Position training program.
- Participate in and monitor orientation programs.
- Develop managers for future advancement.
- Ensure managers are using coaching, counseling and discipline
to address issues/concerns.
- Ensure Associate Opinion Survey is completed by all
- Condense and expedite paperwork, develop internal
communications, improve record keeping.
- Develop and maintain suggestion box program.
- Plan and edit employee newsletter.
- Manage all personnel files.
- Manage resume and application files.
- Develop and monitor recruitment resources. Qualifications
- At least 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a
hotel or a related industry; or a 4-year college degree and at
least 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and
3 or more years of related experience.
- Previous supervisory responsibility required.
- College course work in related field helpful
- Familiarity with and knowledge of employment laws
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel. Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and
retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability
to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy
of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity
regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally
associated with race, such as hair texture and protective
hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious
grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information,
disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined
under state law), national origin (including language use
restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under
section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex
(including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual
orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status,
domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including
perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related
conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran
status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of
the employment relationship. The Company complies with the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and
local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for
qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified
applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal
laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law -
Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law .
Keywords: Highgate Hotels L.P., San Francisco , Human Resources Director Complex, Human Resources , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!