VP, Total Rewards and HR Operations
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has
completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its
sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We've united a diverse
team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength
training, making it more efficient, more effective and more
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach
to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by
growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge
and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are
passionate about building products that transform lives, and
building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be
Tonal's People Team provides leadership for initiatives that
support talent, performance, compensation, change management,
coaching, organizational design, and employee relations. The VP of
Total Rewards and HR Operations will be our executive leader
responsible for our Total Rewards and HR Operations strategies and
As the VP Total Rewards and HR Operations, and as a member of the
HR Leadership Team, you will serve as a strategic advisor in
Tonal's overall human resource strategy. In this position as a
leader with vision, you'll use your unique blend of entrepreneurial
spirit to build creative, scalable solutions that align our people
and places. This role reports to the SVP of People and works
alongside our Talent and Workplace Teams.
What You Will Do
- Create, administer, and evolve our Total Rewards strategy
inclusive of compensation, benefits, and workplace perks.
- Lead our HR Operations, Payroll, and Technology team focused on
building tools and processes that scale and support all employees
in a high-growth environment.
- Serve as a strategic partner to our Total Senior Leadership Team
(C-suite), Board of Directors, and HR Leadership team
- Stay up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation to
ensure compliance with applicable employment-related federal and
state statutory requirements regarding employee pay.
- Continuously optimize compensation and benefits initiatives that
are aligned to Tonal's values, and provide flexibility and local
customization to account for cultural and market differences.
- Benchmark activities across all areas of rewards to elevate our
understanding of our compensation competitiveness globally, and
evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of Total
Rewards, including executive compensation.
- Develop innovative solutions in the areas of HR Operations and
systems and technology roadmap to meet the needs of the
organization and ensure outstanding operational excellence.
- Partner with our Finance team on annual compensation planning and
- Forecast and propose a long-term compensation and equity strategy
roadmap that is competitive in the marketplace while keeping in
mind our equity pool.
Who You Are
- 15+ years experience in HR; preferably within high-growth
- Experience developing innovative global compensation, wellness,
and benefit plans, and working with the Senior Leadership team,
Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. In addition, you
must be fully knowledgeable in the areas of compliance,
transparency and the latest Sarbanes-Oxley legislation.
- Understanding of various local and federal employment laws and
their impact on HR matters
- Familiarity with analytics and a capability to pull data from
disparate systems, organize and aggregate the data, and provide
insightful analysis and action plans aligned with company
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to
make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented.
- Ability to anticipate market trends, "see around corners", and
take proactive steps to mitigate risk and/or maximize
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability
to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented
yet flexible approach to problem-solving.
- An empathetic leader, skilled at continuously raising the talent
- High EQ, cultural awareness, and compassion
- Previous IPO experience is a plus
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences
of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don't just
appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek
people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We're
dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing
employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you
do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we're looking for
(even if you don't check every single box), send us your
application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with
disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the
principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of
opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please
reach out to us via our confidential email,
email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and
responded to in accordance with Tonal's Accessibility Policy and
Keywords: Tonal, San Francisco , VP, Total Rewards and HR Operations, Human Resources , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!