Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 16, 2022
At Pave, we believe the world of compensation is broken, and we're
going to fix it. Today, teams cobble together hundreds of messy
spreadsheets and outdated surveys to determine how to compensate
their employees. At best, they're leveraging stale data from an
industry that is quickly evolving past it. Add COVID, a new remote
and distributed workforce, and you have an even blurrier picture of
what "market compensation" is, how it's evolving, and how to
communicate it to employees.
That's where we come in. Pave allows companies to benchmark
compensation to leaders in their industry, analyze internal
compensation data and make the right adjustments, then visually
communicate compensation to their employees. We're building the
world's largest real-time compensation data platform on the path to
help employers and employees navigate the murky world of
compensation with clarity, equity, and accessibility. And you don't
have to just hear it from us - you can hear it from our customers:
Allbirds, Hover, Shopify, Discord and more.
Your Primary Focus
* Process semi-monthly payroll in a multi-state environment using
ADP's payroll module; including bonuses, commissions, bonuses,
one-time payments, taxable benefits, etc.
* Gather required data related to W-2 forms, benefits information,
401-k information, direct deposit, tax filing, etc.
* Respond to employee inquiries for payroll related issues
* Coordinate with third-party for LOA administration and government
agencies with regard to payroll notices
* Ensure employee contributions for retirement and other benefits
are accurately deducted and remitted to benefit providers
* Partner with payroll vendor to ensure timely and accurate payment
of all taxes due, invoices received, pro-rated pay, final
paychecks, state employer filings, and registrations
* Responding to government agencies with regard to payroll
* Support the HR department through implementation of new HRIS
* Produce and provide payroll reports, and reconciliation files as
requested by the finance department
* Maintain personnel files and document retention
* Other duties and special projects as assigned
Our Compensation Philosophy
Pave's compensation philosophy is to target the 75th percentile of
the market for both cash and equity. This means that the "mid
point" of every band at Pave is the 75th percentile of the broader
Pave also has a merit-based philosophy when it comes to
compensation increases. We run a performance cycle twice per year
to evaluate employees' performance. Higher than average performance
ratings result in compensation increases to the upper end of the
individual's compensation range for their role. The result is that
high performers at Pave are paid above the 75th percentile of the
market at large.
Pave is committed to pay equity. If you get an offer from Pave, it
will be based on your level as determined by your interview
performance. And nothing else. We explicitly do not negotiate
salary and equity to ensure that we aren't introducing bias that
could lead to pay inequities within the team between candidates who
have different negotiation tactics.
Keywords: Pave, San Francisco , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!